Estate Sale find

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Found this Cross Desk Pen and stand today. It says made in the USA so I know it is older but we are trying to find it to see what the value is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 0727181231.jpg
    0727181231.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 0727181232.jpg
    0727181232.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Somewhere in the house I have one that I got from a company I worked for back in 1976 & 77.... my stand is wood with a commemorative laser engraving on it... never liked the pen as it was too thin, too slick and hard to write with, but valued the set... never thought about seeing if it had a value.

jttheclockman

In the decades between, Cross put aside its fountain-pen line to become a leader in rollerball, soft-tip, and ballpoint pens. In particular, its ballpoint pens and mechanical pencils were highly acclaimed. Since 1946, neither design has changed. Collectors today look for the size of the black ring at the top of the pen—pens with smaller rings are generally considered more valuable.

The fountain pens are much more valuable. I bet there is not much value there being there is so many of them.

Last edited:

Seer

In the decades between, Cross put aside its fountain-pen line to become a leader in rollerball, soft-tip, and ballpoint pens. In particular, its ballpoint pens and mechanical pencils were highly acclaimed. Since 1946, neither design has changed. Collectors today look for the size of the black ring at the top of the pen—pens with smaller rings are generally considered more valuable.

The fountain pens are much more valuable. I bet there is not much value there being there is so many of them.

Thanks all the set cost me about .50 with all the other things they threw in so in worst case I got a nice pen and holder that my wife likes.

Top Bottom