Enter with a bib

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
It barely reached 50 today, so the meat products had to meet the grill.

j9nrOXK.png

We have bourbon chicken sausage, 93% lean ground cow, deviled egg potato salad, garlic parmesan chips, and a Claussen pickle spear.

This is the best part of summer.:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Waddaya mean "barely" ? . Either you are or you aren't :confused::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Terredax

Banned
Waddaya mean "barely" ? . Either you are or you aren't :confused::embarrassed::embarrassed:

It just reached 50 degrees as I headed out to fire up the grill.
It's now time for the temp to start dropping.

Tomorrow is supposed to be much nicer.
The older I get, the more I dislike Winter.

magpens

Oh, I'm sorry ! ... I misread the first word and thought that you were having your 50th birthday ! ... mistook the "It" for "I" .... LOL ... Hope you enjoyed your delicious meal !!

I hate winter also and am always happy to see spring roll around. But then it is not long until the Summer Solstice on about June 20, and I hate that because it means that the days start getting shorter again ... just when things are getting nice and warm !!!

greenacres2

Looks awesome John!!

I'm just an hour from John so similar weather here. But...at 2 am i'm leaving for a conference on Grand Cayman--low 77 f, high of 83 f predicted for all 5 days i'll be there!!
earl

OZturner

Grrr, it is 1.02pm, In Australia, I haven't had lunch yet,
and what do I see,
Beautiful Grilled Sausage, and all the Trimmings.
Now I have got to turn off the Computer,
Get out the Cracker Biscuits, Corned Beef, Cheese, and Pickled Gherkin.
It Just Ain't Fare.
Regards,
Brian.

magpens

at 2 am i'm leaving for a conference on Grand Cayman--low 77 f, high of 83 f predicted for all 5 days i'll be there!!
earl

Lucky you, Earl ! .... Honeymooned for 2 weeks in G.C. 52 yrs ago this month !! . Be sure to have some North Sound lobster ... $$$$

Terredax

Banned
For tomorrow, we have more of the Bourbon chicken sausage, along with some apple sausage.
I'll see if we can include a cupcake for the photo shoot.:wink:

What I don't understand; I can get a decent photo of the food but, a photo of a pen, or pigments, just doesn't come out.

Last edited:

Lucky2

Awww, come on you guys, toughen up! I enjoy winter more than the summer, and I use the bbq all year around. Just because it gets a bit cool, doesn't mean you have to stop grilling. We used to have a small bbq made into a sled, to tow behind the snowmobiles for when we went winter camping. You think that grilled food tastes good in the summertime, you should taste it when the temps are right around -20 or so. We would cook out like this 4-5 times per winter, and they were some of the most enjoyable outings ever. Yes, I do enjoy grilling throughout the summer, but I grill outdoors all year around. Heck, we've even gone as far as grilling on Christmas day, it's our favorite type of food. And if I were still talking to my ex, I probably could get the pics to prove all of this. But that"s never going to happen. Because if I asked her for the pics, what she would want in return would be far to expensive...

Len

magpens

For tomorrow, we have more of the Bourbon chicken sausage, along with some apple sausage.
I'll see if we can include a cupcake for the photo shoot.:wink:

What I don't understand; I can get a decent photo of the food but, a photo of a pen, or pigments, just doesn't come out.

Don't worry about photographing your pens ... just send pics of FOOD !!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Terredax

Banned
Don't worry about photographing your pens ... just send pics of FOOD !!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I should have taken photos of tonight's dinner.

A bowl of Pho soup, BBQ wings, butterfly shrimp, New York strip, large garden salad, baked potato, a slice each of blueberry, peach, and cherry pie, and Maraschino cherries.
I'm stuffed!

Why Maraschino cherries, you ask? They enhance the flavor of beef. Give it a try; a bite of steak with a cherry.

I sometimes make burgers with chopped cherries mixed in, and put those on the grill.

I should have taken photos of tonight's dinner.

A bowl of Pho soup, BBQ wings, butterfly shrimp, New York strip, large garden salad, baked potato, a slice each of blueberry, peach, and cherry pie, and Maraschino cherries.
I'm stuffed!

Why Maraschino cherries, you ask? They enhance the flavor of beef. Give it a try; a bite of steak with a cherry.

I sometimes make burgers with chopped cherries mixed in, and put those on the grill.

What???? My father used to do that at times. Never could figure it out and just assumed it was something from his childhood. I'm wondering now if it's not some kind of Scottish thing as my father was first generation to the U.S.A. from Scotland via Canada. We always had Maraschino Cherries in the house. Interesting.

Terredax

Banned
What???? My father used to do that at times. Never could figure it out and just assumed it was something from his childhood. I'm wondering now if it's not some kind of Scottish thing as my father was first generation to the U.S.A. from Scotland via Canada. We always had Maraschino Cherries in the house. Interesting.

I can't say if it's Scottish or not, as I'm not Scottish but, it is good.
I had a lady ask me about it when she noticed I was piling cherries on my steak one time. She stopped by our table and said "I tried it, and it was delicious".

pshrynk

I was thinking about getting the tarp off the grill this week, but they have predicted 6-10" of snow here in the Great Northern Wasteland. So maybe wait for the weekend?

Terredax

Banned
We cheated for lunch today... we picked up Chinese.

Tomorrow, we have an excellent pizza place, that has 1/2 price pizza's. We usually get the large with unlimited toppings when we go. The pizza is only $10.50.

Here is a sample of the last one we had.

baSpMP8.jpg

Terredax

Banned
Today's lunch was almost exactly the same as the OP, so no photo of that, and no photo of a cupcake but, we did have dessert.

Here we have Caramel Apple Pie...

xySQEJe.png

Top Bottom