End of the Trail

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

My dad passed away this past Tuesday. We layed him to rest today. He was my inspiration for doing craft work. He started teaching me how to do leather carving nearly 45 years ago. My dad has been hunting/collecting Indian artifacts for the past 60 years. He has spent the last 20 years carving elk bone into knife handles with different animals carved into the handles. For the last 5 years since I started pen turning, he has kept me supplied with whitetail & elk horn. He will be missed but I know he is in a better place now...

View in Gallery

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Sincere condolences to you and your family, Billy. You have great inspiration as you remember your Dad and his influence on you.

Sataro

Sorry for your loss, mate..!

Great pic from 2008 and he seemed to be a true character, was he of any American Indian blood...??

How old was he...???

My condolences...!

Cheers
George

Not sure how much Indian blood was in him? He collected Indian artifacts all his life. He used to come to our local schools & spend all day talking to the students about Indian lore.

Age was 82...& he was still going strong till the end. He was usually out hog hunting every evening.
He had just called me Monday night & told me someone had asked him to make a set of 1911 grips out of elk antlers. When we found his body Tuesday evening in his workshop, we found the 1911 grips had been cutout...

Thanks...

Last edited:

Sataro

So sorry for your loss.. but I do have to comment.. sounds like you were able to have more quality time with him than a lot of people do with their loved ones. RIP.....

Mitch,
Thanks for your comments on quality time...you are correct about the time spent with my dad. We lived about 200 yards apart, so it was easy to go see him & my mom. Once or twice a month I would drive to Dallas to make a run to WoodWorld, Rockler, & Woodcraft store. I would usually take my dad with me. We would always have a great time together while I got to pen shop!
Billy

Top Bottom