Ed & Dawn question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

My favorite was the one where someone flipped their jetski into the dock upside down.... (nobody got hurt, he lost his grip and sailed clear over the dock into deep water, the jetski was totaled).

Skie_M

I don't add salt to anything.....bad for blood pressure.
When faced with a choice between avoiding salt in my diet, and avoiding CA glue, I prefer to not eat the glue.

... at least he isn't shoving them up his nose ... I know this one homeless guy who would run around begging for money so he could buy superglue ... (drones on into the distance as everybody tactfully fades out of the room)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I don't add salt to anything.....bad for blood pressure.
When faced with a choice between avoiding salt in my diet, and avoiding CA glue, I prefer to not eat the glue.
Well to be completely honest, I don't eat the glue either. But if I did, I would not add salt.

Rounder

You guys forced my hand and I tried this. I put a pile of salt in the middle of a glass ashtray and saturated with thin CA. I got a pile of hard salt. No heat, no smoke. Just hard salt.

Skie_M

You guys forced my hand and I tried this. I put a pile of salt in the middle of a glass ashtray and saturated with thin CA. I got a pile of hard salt. No heat, no smoke. Just hard salt.

I prefer hard apple cider ... thx anyways. :)

CA and alkalinity, for the most part, have absolutely nothing to do with each other, other than the fact that most alkaloids have small crystal structures. The reason you see a reaction with alkaloids is because they have have small crystal structure, they have OH(Hydroxide) attached to the outside of the crystals. It's basically the water that you're seeing a reaction to. It's certainly not the Alkaloid. Ethelcyanoacrylate, Methelcyanoacrylate and water react quite violently, creating a polymer. That's why we use and love to use CA, it's also why if you blow on a pen blank after you've used CA to "help dry it", you see a opaque film created. It's reacting to the water from your breath. If you threw a million pounds of CA onto a millions pounds of salt, the only thing you would have, beyond the smoke created from the water evaporation, is a 2 million pound plastic salt rock, minus the weight of the water that was on the salt crystals. CA doesn't even care if the salt is there, it just binds itself to it and the surrounding salt. Oh, and the reason you see shop towels "smoke", is because of the water that the fibers have a natural tendency to attract, and the CA is, well, reacting to it.

Last edited:

edstreet

a481f66ef7b6a44c0e3b0ed45c57afed.jpg

Top Bottom