Ebonite Rods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carlmorrell

They look exactly like the rods from Ranga (India). I have purchased rods from him more than once. He sells them on ebay.

TonyL

I have not. but I have seen them. I wanted something at least 19mm and I found them through one of our vendors. They look good.

PatrickR

It would be tempting if they let you specify the color of each rod. They make pens with colors that seen unique. $50 for a kit less fountain pen.

TonyL

buy them and i will spilt with you. i will make executives out of them. just make sure that 16mm is going to be enough for you.

magpens

Buy them; cut them in 6" lengths; resell them here. . I will buy from you ! . I PROMISE.

TonyL

Elwin...sell to whomever you want to (or not); I have plenty, don't need them. But if you do split with me, I want whole or half lengths - not 6 inch lengths. Thanks!

magpens

Sorry, Tony ... I was not trying to cut you out of a deal ... or anyone else.

I just said that without thinking much even though I had read your post (#5).
It sounds like an awful lot of ebonite for a very good price .... less than $0.50 an inch.

I have never tried ebonite and would like to, and it seems to be much more costly from the usual vendors.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Looks interesting. I just ordered the 4 pack (10 rods). I'll be happy to sell 1/2 when they come in. Looks like 31" lengths.

TonyL

It sounds like an awful lot of ebonite for a very good price .... less than $0.50 an inch.

I have never tried ebonite and would like to, and it seems to be much more costly from the usual vendors.

No, not all. I have plenty and there is plenty out there. I have found ebonite to turn and finish beautifully. That diameter will only accommodate certain pen styles. Elwin and I see each other once in a while...I was just making a kind gesture and I would like that diameter for executives. I could buy it tonight and have it here by Friday. I just don't want the volume given what I already have. Never a worry with me. :)

lorbay

Mal pm me your address and I will send you a piece.
Lin

eharri446

I just found out that they have to cut the rods in half in order to ship them. So I will be getting 20, 15.5 inch inch rods. I have asked for the following colors:

2 - BROWN
3 - GREEN
3 - OLIVE
2 - BLACK

I will see what they look like when I get them. Hopefully they will look like they will make nice pens.

RobS

I have 6 rods from them. But have not had time to turn them. They mail via certified so you need to be home to sign. They were supper quick. I bought off of eBay and had to go to the post office to pick them up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom