Ebay auction for Eagles blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

I asked Jeff if I could hold and auction for a couple of Eagle blanks that I got with Lou Metcalf's merchandise that I'm selling for Lou here .http://www.penturners.org/forum/f158/selling-dcbluesmans-collection-132224/
He did not want to start a precedent and asked me if I could list them on EBay and include a link to the Ebay auction here on the Casual Conversation forum so here is the link to what could be the last two Eagle blanks that will ever be sold. All the proceeds will go to Lou and if an IAP menber wins the Auction I will throw in our last Huanghuali blank.
Pen Blanks by Eagle | eBay

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

So far the bidding is at $102.50 and 7 bidders, no to shabby for the first 8 hours:
Bidder Bid Amount Bid Time
US $102.50
May-12-15 14:07:55 PDT
US $100.00
May-12-15 10:35:46 PDT
US $71.00
US $70.00
May-12-15 11:05:07 PDT
US $56.00
US $55.00
May-12-15 09:00:38 PDT
US $50.00
May-12-15 09:00:38 PDT

Starting Price US $50.00
May-12-15 07:29:05 PDT

cal91666

John, just maybe Ed is getting ask these questions because he has shared this post and auction on at least 2, that I'm aware of, pen turning groups on Facebook.
Who are YOU to tell someone to "DO A SEARCH"???

thewishman

Eagle was a pen maker who tried lots of new things. Several types of blanks we see commonly now, were first done by Eagle.

I believe the second blank is designed so that it will line up properly (each possible of the three leads) with the triple start threads on a Junior series. Line it up with one and it will match no matter which way you screw on the cap.

Last edited:

edstreet

Why the heck are you getting tons of questions. Who are you???? Roy put the ad up. Do a search and you will learn something. Yes that is right I SAID DO A SEARCH. You know what is STUPID Ed your overblown photos. There would not be enough space here to explain who that was.

I know who eagle was. I shared this post on six pen groups and many are asking. Also we have a large number of people here who do not know.

jttheclockman

Why the heck are you getting tons of questions. Who are you???? Roy put the ad up. Do a search and you will learn something. Yes that is right I SAID DO A SEARCH. You know what is STUPID Ed your overblown photos. There would not be enough space here to explain who that was.

I know who eagle was. I shared this post on six pen groups and many are asking. Also we have a large number of people here who do not know.

If you know then tell the story. Then you would also know why the blanks are as you put it Stupidly expensive (great choice of words)

Dan Masshardt

Eagle was a pen maker who tried lots of new things. Several types of blanks we see commonly now, were first done by Eagle. I believe the second blank is designed so that it will line up properly (each possible of the three leads) with the triple start threads on a Junior series. Line it up with one and it will match no matter which way you screw on the cap.

That's pretty cool. Just make sure you use a triple not a double or quad. :)

JimB

If you know then tell the story. Then you would also know why the blanks are as you put it Stupidly expensive (great choice of words)

I don't believe Ed was calling them 'stupidly expensive'. I believe he was using that as an example of the questions he is getting from people who don't know who Eagle was.

jttheclockman

I put my bid in on those blanks and as I was doing so I was thinking would i be able to turn them or keep as such. I know what Eagle would have said, just turn them and have fun. :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I put my bid in on those blanks and as I was doing so I was thinking would i be able to turn them or keep as such. I know what Eagle would have said, just turn them and have fun. :)

Unfortunately, he would have said, "Turn the damn things, I can always make another one if you f it up!" Not so, any more. Yes, it would be harder to turn now. But, the several I have are worth more to me as blanks than they ever could be as pens. Many, many memories.

cal91666

Okay ladies and gentlemen I am the current high bid so I respectfully ask you let me start my collection with these!!!!:):beer:

jttheclockman

Unfortunately, he would have said, "Turn the damn things, I can always make another one if you f it up!" Not so, any more. Yes, it would be harder to turn now. But, the several I have are worth more to me as blanks than they ever could be as pens. Many, many memories.

Ed you are so right. That was his famous line.

While I am at it because I have been getting PM's about my comment to EDSTREET. I do not want this to take on a bad aura because of my statement. I wish Ed would have put the 2 posts together when he made the first one and that would have explained things more. His second post with the links in it are or should have gone in with the first. This gives a little insight to who Eagle was and shows some of his works of art that even today are being analyzed and tried being copied. I misread the post with the words printed the way they were. For this I apologize.

I would also like to thank Roy for doing what he is doing and the help he is providing to another long time member here Lou Metcalf.

There were some really fine and talented people that came through this site and their work still lives on. It is a new generation but for some fleeting moments such as this we get to look back at some artistic work from a true artisan.

OKLAHOMAN

JT and Ed, you don't know how tempted I was to keep these two and pay Lou for them, but the ones I was given or bought from Eagle are the one that are the most precious to me. Besides Eagle would have wanted these to go to someone that really wanted one.
The question to turn or not to turn is just to hard to answer. Ed is right , you have no idea home many times he told me the same thing"turn the damn thing and when I just turned the wave pen for the IAP Collection I heard him, I swear, say "Don't f*&^ it up I ain't here to make another.

OKLAHOMAN

I'll show some of mine now show yours

DSC_0001-001.JPG

edstreet

Sadly my 3 links earlier is not fully correct. There are permission issues that bar those without facebook accounts from viewing the index but I have been able to get a entry so many of you can see the wonderful photo's that Dawn has kept.

https://www.facebook.com/ed.street.92/posts/10204128006622310

There are 195 photo's in this album and well worth the look at every single one of them.

OKLAHOMAN

Good morning IAP, I awoke this morning to see that the bidding has reached $148.50, a nice number indeed but folks thats less than $50 each:rolleyes:...remember along with Eagles blanks I will include one Huanghuali blank that some have said is the rarest wood around and by itself is worth $50 so dig deeper in your pockets, it's only money.:biggrin:

stonepecker

Wish I could bid. Beside being killed by the wife......lol

Better still, wish I would have found this hobby many year ago.
Maybe then I would have had the expierence of knowing Lou. Sounds like some people here have some great stories.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I asked Jeff if I could hold and auction for a couple of Eagle blanks that I got with Lou Metcalf's merchandise that I'm selling for Lou here .http://www.penturners.org/forum/f158/selling-dcbluesmans-collection-132224/
He did not want to start a precedent and asked me if I could list them on EBay and include a link to the Ebay auction here on the Casual Conversation forum so here is the link to what could be the last two Eagle blanks that will ever be sold. All the proceeds will go to Lou and if an IAP menber wins the Auction I will throw in our last Huanghuali blank.
Pen Blanks by Eagle | eBay
A little off topic Roy but are you reading your PMs?

OKLAHOMAN

Who is going to stop LeRoy from getting his first Eagle blanks. I won't be able to bump this until later this afternoon or evening as we need to attend to some personal business but I will follow the auction on my phone, so bid, bid, bid. Who knows $205 just might win them

tbroye

He just passed me. Think I will hold off now until Sunday and see where the bidding is, then snipe them. I would guess $250 would get them. I might turn the ribbon one and put the one with cross in my display cabinet with the Pen I won a couple of years ago. The Kit less with the sword clip. I have thought about donating it to the collection but I like looking at and showing people what can be done.

Tom

jttheclockman

He just passed me. Think I will hold off now until Sunday and see where the bidding is, then snipe them. I would guess $250 would get them. I might turn the ribbon one and put the one with cross in my display cabinet with the Pen I won a couple of years ago. The Kit less with the sword clip. I have thought about donating it to the collection but I like looking at and showing people what can be done.

Tom

Don't be too sure my friend. I am pretty good at that game. :) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Tom

Don't be too sure my friend. I am pretty good at that game. :) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink:
Careful guys, you might have to put your money where your mouth is.......

Chromey

As a side note, I appreciate the links, pictures, etc that have been posted. Being one of the ones relatively new to turning I sincerely appreciate this Artisans work. I did not know him but am glad to get to know his work. What a wonderful testament and legacy for new pen turners!

edstreet

Seriously? Sniping?

I see your petty sniping and I raise you a bucket.

attachment.php

Here is how it works.

that I got with Lou Metcalf's merchandise that I'm selling for Lou here .

Some background facts:

*)What many may have missed is this is to benefit Lou Metcalf. Who happens to be another legend in the community.

*) Art that is hidden and not shown is a crime against humanity.

Step 1) We do a *GROUP BUY* pass the bucket and take up collections.

Step 2) Buy the 2 blanks

Step 3) Donate them to The IAP Collection

Step 4) when you attend MAPG, MPG and other gatherings that exhibits the collection you to can witness the pure epic beauty and talent of Eagle.

Step 5) Win. Each and every one can indeed learn and grow by looking at his work.

Attachments

• ikltl_Collecting BucketLidLabels.jpg
    ikltl_Collecting BucketLidLabels.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 495

tbroye

Time to check the bank account. Hope it keep going up might be able to take one more shot. Will keep watching and decide Sunday if I can take another chane..

OKLAHOMAN

And the Bidding continues!

Overnight the bidding lead has change 6 times but the leader remains the same, seems we have an Eagle fan who really wants these. Lets see if anyone can knock him off his perch

You now need to beat $305​

Top Bottom