e-mail getting deleted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

I have managed to get the e-mail in my inbox (my web site) deleted twice in the last few days.
once I went to my web site control panel and soon after went to check my mail and the box was missing about half dozen e-mails.

Today I was trying to set up my windows email and the same thing happened.

anyone have any idea why this would happen? it is really getting old.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Without any more info than you provided - hosting service, email client, etc - then it is _could_ be a config setting that is set to clean your email box every day or on logout.

Daniel

Thanks, I have an e-mail into my host. hopefully it is as simple as that. I lost a couple of important ones with the last round.

Skye

I've found it best to set it to keep emails for at least 30 days, even if downloaded. That way you can still have a copy online if you need to check your already received email remotely.

Daniel

Skye, I have things I do that will sometimes take quite a while to complete. I am able to make files on my web site e-mail in order to sort things out. In the process of organizing different buys or whatever else I am doing I will file all e-mail away in case I need to go back and find some detail or other. I also have people that want to buy an item but need time to place there order. I will save there e-mail so that if they miss on one group buy I will let them know by e-mail when I have started a new one etc.
So far the deletions have only been to my inbox and non of the other files have been touched. I also tend to keep an e-mail in my inbox until I have done something about it. so loosing my inbox means I lost the whole list of things I need to do next. I don't think I lost anything I had not seen but it is a pain to loose the mail at all.

marcruby

Don't you have 'deleted' and 'junk' folders? You should check there, sometimes that will help you figure ut out.

Marc

I have managed to get the e-mail in my inbox (my web site) deleted twice in the last few days.
once I went to my web site control panel and soon after went to check my mail and the box was missing about half dozen e-mails.

Today I was trying to set up my windows email and the same thing happened.

anyone have any idea why this would happen? it is really getting old.

Thanks

Daniel

Marc, I don't have a deleted folder. But I do wonder if it moved them somewhere because when I delete mail it is highlighted in grey than I have to purge deleted items to clear them. both times they have vanished it has been just that, they are gone.

Top Bottom