Drinking & driving....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Don't do it. Especially in Maryland. Since Thanksgiving, the state police have caught over 400 drunk drivers.
That's an average of 100 per week. :eek:

The old saying still goes. If you're drinking, don't drive.
And vice versa.

I'd like to see all you guys/gals here in the New Year.
Thanks for reading.
:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

It is estimated that one in ten drivers are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Our local newspaper had a small news item about t his very thing. It's a shame that law enforcement officers can't spend time with their families instead of looking for the DUI/DWI offenders.

I saw a bumper sticker one time- If you drive, don't drink. You might hit a bump and spill some.

Last edited:

MTViper

My dad was a Texas highway patrol officer for 30 years. Every Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, and any other drinking holiday he was out working. Usually he handled license and weight issues until holidays when he chased speeders and hauled drunks. We scheduled our celebrations around his schedule. He also got to chase every severe thunder storm in the area while we went to the cellar. There was no Doppler radar then.

On the good side, he got "holiday leave", extra vacation for working holidays. He not only got US holidays, he also got Texas state holidays such as Confederate Veterans' Day, RE Lee's birthday, Jefferson Davis' birthday, Texas Independence Day, Alamo Day, San Jacincto Day. It's a wonder he ever worked.

Charlie_W

Also in the news yesterday and today, along with the Maryland troopers catching drunk drivers, they also stated the high number of troopers and cruisers which have been struck by other motorists (under the influence) while executing traffic stops. Too many of our officers have been injured or killed while doing their jobs.

WriteON

And if you get stopped for DUI and asked why you were driving simply say you were too drunk to walk.
But seriously..stay home and have safe fun.
Drunk driving is no joke. I know of a young guy was drunk and hit a car head on.... 3 dead.. a few injured...many lives ruined.

I have to be honest. I drove way over the limit many times as a young driver. I never got stopped or a ticket...sometimes wonder how I made it home. I'm the luckiest guy in the world. Sometimes I teach my neighbors kids how to drive or how to drive a manual shift trans. The first thing I talk about is safety. Get in the car and buckle up. No drinking/no phones...no distractions. I explain the driver is responsible for everyone in and around the car. Driving is fun..can also change lives...

Last edited:
Top Bottom