Down right Balmy out there!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

This bad boy has been pumping warm air in from the California coast for the last 3 days. We went from -20 to +38 in 36 hours! The storm started as a blizzard and now it's raining. But that's nothing compared to the shift Delta Junction went through.....-60 on Sunday to +36 yesterday! That's a 96 degree shift in less than a week!

Attachments

• current4gv.png
    current4gv.png
    454.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I thought January was REALLY NICE---only a couple days in the teens, NONE below zero!! Several 40 degree and a couple 50 degree days. Had me thinking about "global warming" and maybe "giving it a chance".

Beginning of February came and they started "wrapping up" January. FOURTEENTH WARMEST---since they have kept records, fewer than 100 years, so we are at about the 80th percentile, overall. VERY NICE, but not historically "out of bounds".

Rick P

Holz, My family in Michigan is going nuts with the warm weather........not much fun running a sled on dirt.

Ed, the climate is changing only question is how much of that change is do to our activity. Personally I think our contribution is a very small drop in a big bucket! This has been a wonderful winter! Great conditions for all the things I love about life here in Alaska. We normally get a warm snap around this time of year but this one is really strong.

Longfellow, you guys are more than welcome to keep that heat down there! I like the frozen bits of the planet nicely covered in snow and ice thank you very much.......at 70 I look for a glacier stream to sit in to cool off, 75 I am buck naked laying on the glacier, probably drop over dead at 80 degrees!

Last edited:

Rick P

Levi
No that crevasse is probably 50 feet deep but only a few feet wide. Once you got in the water you'd be stuck, the sides are very steep and slick. I don't think I have any pics of me swimming up here, its so rarely hot that I seldom go.

Top Bottom