Don't Fall For It

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fireengines

Lately, I've been receiving ads on my Facebook feed offering power tools, guitars, and electric generators for deeply discounted prices. I get 2-4 daily.

The websites these ads point to are well done and look like the real thing. All are hosted out of China. There are multiple domains being used.

Yes, there are folks falling for this scam and the story is the same. Charge you credit card multiple times and you don't receive the product.

I've reported them to Facebook but all that does is removes the ads off my feed, it does nothing about blocking the ad across Facebook. I can't find any path for reporting them to Facebook.

Here is a screen scrape of the type of ad.

Remember, this is the Internet, be careful out there!

Attachments

• gen3.JPG
    gen3.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 199
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Wait Larry!! If it is on the internet, it HAS to be TRUE!!!

OR NOT!!!!!!

I fell for it a couple weeks ago, my credit card company suggested I cancel the card and have it reissued--which we did--apparently it is not new to CitiBank!!

KiwiBob

Over the last 10 years I have purchased 100s of items from China using my credit card.
I have NEVER had a double charge appear on my card and on the rear occasion where goods have not been up to standard they have either refunded or replaced without any issues.
I have had more significant issues with United States sellers on eBay not standing by their products.

Fireengines

What do you think the chances are you would receive this $25,000.00 / 2706 lb generator for $270.00 with free shipping?

Attachments

• QT10068ANAC.jpg
    QT10068ANAC.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 186

randyrls

Unfortunately the scammers hurt the legitimate sellers that are trying to sell a product. It will be THEM that are more hurt by the scammers and dodgers.

KiwiBob

Hi Fireengine the jpg of the Generator looks a bit like fake news. Can you post a link to the actual site where you saw it?

Top Bottom