Donation Drawing Discussion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Thought I'd start a fresh topic for any discussion...

Other thoughts were in THIS TOPIC

Regarding previous donators. If you would like to be entered in the contest, just send me an email that says: "I'm a previous donator, put me in the contest!"

Randy asked in the other thread if I could add previous donators automatically, and I responded with an explanation that I could not. One further comment is that you'll notice that practically everything at this site is "OPT-IN" meaning that YOU decide what you participate in or not. The map is a good example. So, if you want to be in the contest, and you're a previous donator, or you can't donate now, or you don't want to donate now, you can still be in. This is a equal-opportunity, but Opt-In site! Just tell me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Jeff, I believe that you do more than enough for the site!! I think those interested in the drawing should take their vitamins, do a few wrist and finger exercises and enter the drawing all by themselves. Grab a few of those power drinks on your next trip to Wally World and you should be able to enter without too many rest breaks. Heck, I'm just getting over pneumonia, and I managed to enter. (I did take a nap afterwards, though [8D])

woodbutcher

Hi Bill, sorry about the pneumonia. Nearly died from that stuff several times during my life. That is what keeps me in Fl. Hope you are well soon and back to life. Take care,
Jim

MDWine

I could not possibly give you the amount of money that I feel the site is worth.
If I hit the lottery, you'll find out how much I value this site. In the interim, my small donation will have to do! [;)]

P.S. Please draw my name second or third, I really want one of those vises![:p]

This site continues to be the best on the web, in my opinion, thanks for all of your hard work, Jeff, moderators, and contributors!

Czarcastic

Jeff:
You got my donation this morning. Thanks for everything you do to keep this site up and running. I'm not sure everyone realizes just how much hard work goes into this website every single day.

So... If I buy a t-shirt or a hat now, do I get entered twice [:D]

gerberpens

Jeff, just made a small donation this morning. Ditto with what the other have said about your work on the website. It has been, and continues to be a great help and inspiration to me.

Gary

Jeff
Just sent a donation to help with the site and ditto what the others have said about all the hard work you put into this site. The information I get from this site in 1 month is worth more than I get out of a couple of my woodworking mag subscriptions. When they run out I'm thinking of donating the renewal $$ to this site. I don't get much out of them anyway. I'd rather the money go to something that I actually use and appreciate.
BTW -- all I want to win is a mug. I'm already on the list for a vise and don't need anything else.[;)]

Dario

Originally posted by Geo in Winnipeg
<br />all I want to win is a mug. I'm already on the list for a vise and don't need anything else.[;)]

Well...if you win anything other than a mug...can I have it? [:D][}:)] LOL

smoky10

Originally posted by Dario
<br />
Originally posted by Geo in Winnipeg
<br />all I want to win is a mug. I'm already on the list for a vise and don't need anything else.[;)]

Well...if you win anything other than a mug...can I have it? [:D][}:)] LOL
If you win anything other than a mug, give it to me and I'll buy you a mug, maybe two.[;)][:D]

M

Mudder

Put in my donation today.

Crossing my fingers in hope of winning.

arioux

Hi,

Might be a stupid question but where and how do i make a donation. What is the normal donation? A basic pen turning book cost about $20 to $25. This site have a lot more info in it. In fact everything i know about turning i learn it here so i surely will give. Do yoy take paypal ?

Alfred

JimGo

Alfred,
The "normal" donation is tough to quantify; as Jeff said, it will vary across the board. Jeff has been very humble in the past, accepting any contributions people are willing to make, since people's income and financial positions vary widely. However, your comment about the cost of a turning book versus what you get out of this site is a good one, and is the frequent barometer many people use when making contributions. The PayPal link is http://www.penturners.org/forum/donate.asp

ashaw

Jeff

Put my donation in. Hopefully when things settle down with the next couple of weeks. I'll be able to put more in.

Thanks for all of your hard work in keeping this formum up and running.

JimGo

Hey Jeff, would you quit pushing the donation drawing so hard??? I like my chances of winning so far (better than 1 in 7!), and if more people donate, my chances drop! [8D]

Thanks for all you do, Jeff!

To my fellow members, please keep the donations coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom