Do you turn on two wheels?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

How many of you are "bikers", the kind with motors? Our season is coming to a close but I am sure many of you get to ride all year long. I can only dream. What are you riding?

We just got back from a 6 day road trip on the bike. Here's how it started...
me: "What do we have planned this coming week?"
her: "Nothing special, why?"
me: "Let's take the bike on a road trip to Vegas"
her: "Why don't you just save the gas money and mail them a check?"
me: "It's a good thing you're cute"
Her: ************************************
That was about the time I figured I better shut up~
Anyway, we really did have a great trip. Rode from Utah to Southern California with lots of detours along the way. About 1,800 miles total, and before anyone asks, Vegas owes me some money.

Attachments

• 20150913_175716.jpg
    20150913_175716.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 312
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Is that a picture of you, Bob ? .. You're quite the cool dude !!

But you look to have gained some weight compared to the picture you used to show as avatar !!

Last edited:

bobleibo

But you look to have gained some weight compared to the picture you used to show as avatar !!

Actually weigh less, but I'm not sure if I should be complimented or worried that you're watching that close ~

Rockytime

Due to physical problems I no longer ride two wheels. I have been riding a CanAm Spyder. Great ride, very roadworthy. All my riding friends ride Hogs but I keep up with the best of them. Trike was sideswiped on the left wheel this past Thursday by a gravel truck. I was just standing still in traffic and not injured but I am hoping to be back in the saddle before the snow flies. Ride safe everyone!

CREID

I used to ride a dirt bike but we won't talk about how many decades ago that was. But it hasn't been that long since I took a turn so fast I was on 2 wheels.

Curt

cleve

I have a 2003 Kawasaki 1500 classic and I love to ride . In May of this year I rode it from Dawson Creek in northern BC to Vancouver which was 3000 Kilometers (because were in Canada or just over 2000 miles in the US) round trip . weather was very nice and only a couple of sprinkles . We've had snow here already but its gone and I'll still be riding till the insurance runs out on my bike later this month.

magpens

Actually weigh less, but I'm not sure if I should be complimented or worried that you're watching that close ~

No need to worry, Bob .... it's probably just the glasses !

dthayer

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... I used to ride a lot until I had a friend badly hurt and a few too many close calls and decided that Southern California was just getting too crazy to ride a 100 mi round trip daily commute.

My last ride was a Yamaha FJ1100 -- I loved that bike!

Now that my commute is just down the hall and heavy traffic means that the cat is taking a nap outside of our bedroom door, I'd like to ride again but that would mean I'd have less money to spend on pens! :rolleyes:

When I was a boy I learnt to ride a derestricted 125cc Kawasaki KMX. We shortened the accelerator cable, Put racing grade drilled disk brakes and sprockets and chain on it. I know my friend Nick who owned it before me had modified the engine but he always refused to tell me what he had done. God I loved that bike. It would happily wheelie in 2nd gear and 0 - 60 used to feel so fast. I used to ride it so hard I scorched half of the number plate so it was really hard to read. It was 2am in the morning and I was riding up a long very windy hill with lots of hairpins as fast as possible and the throttle stuck open as I approached one of the hairpins at about 50mph. Unable to slow I hit the engine kill mech tried to brake and still had to bale. I was Ok but as normal I broke my clutch lever. Another time my mate and I were flying along a road. We had a rule = unless we could overtake each other safely we had to stay a minimum of 2 seconds behind. I was close to him and I saw him dodge something which I could not see. Suddenly all I could see was a massive dead badger. If i had braked the front of the bike would have dropped and I would have gone over the handle bars. Dodging was not an option so as I was redlining at that moment I changed up which raised the front of the bike. Then I hit it. I remember the back wheel slipping side to side really fast as it tried to get some traction on the dead badger as it started to wheelie. The bike took off! I didn't know to let off the accelerator as I landed to make sure the landing was stable. The rear slid out and I opposite locked the steering to attempt to make it stay up. I was sliding along in a massive skid and then it snapped straight again. I was so scared. I finished riding home and got off the bike and just led on the floor for a bit to stop shaking! I miss my bike but I wonder if i would be writing this post if I had kept it!

bobleibo

Lots of great rides.....3 and 4 wheelers included. I really like those vintage Hondas, brings back a lot of great memories.
For you folks in SoCal, I know what you mean. I grew up there and things have gotten so bad with traffic. This trip, the second we dropped down off of Cajon, it was nothing but everyone scrambling for position. Not sure I'd still be riding if I still lived there full time. Next season our bucket list is up through British Columbia and east, maybe Sturgis, but just to sit on the sidelines and watch the chaos.
Ride safe~
Bob

TurtleTom

1300 Yamaha. I love Yamaha, always have. Especially their pianos and violins.
Yamaha started out as a musical instrument maker, the Yamaha symbol is 3 crossed tuning forks.

Last edited:

TurtleTom

Gave up the bike when my son was born, replaced it with the closest thing to it, but with 4 wheels...

It's a kit, but I built and drive the heck out of it!!

Season here is coming to an end as well, always a bit sad to put it away for the winter.

Gratz

Gratz, what sort of engine do you have in that thing. Sure looks good.

There is nothing like the feeling of riding a bike. I think car drivers don't realise sometimes that it's not just the handlebars that make the bike turn. I remember my very confused car driving mate asking how I changed gear as he could not work it out. I had to sit down as I found it so funny. I teased him saying it was a special piece of magic used by Kawasaki. I showed him in the end and he wheelied half way up the drive but to be fair he kept it upright!

TurtleTom

Love the kit cobra. Bugatti Type 57 AĂ©rolithe, Cobra, Avanti. My true loves.
The good thing about riding the bike all year is that no matter how cold it is, when you stop it gets warm.

Last edited:

Sandsini

My one and only motorcycle was this 1954 Iso 125GT twingle cornpopper. I enjoyed tootling around on it, but primarily purchased it to accompany my 1966 Iso Rivolta GT (a Corvette 327 powered Italian GT).

Alas, I have neither of them any longer...

Attachments

• isobike1.jpg
    isobike1.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC02573.jpg
    DSC02573.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 95

csr67

My one and only motorcycle was this 1954 Iso 125GT twingle cornpopper. I enjoyed tootling around on it, but primarily purchased it to accompany my 1966 Iso Rivolta GT (a Corvette 327 powered Italian GT).

Alas, I have neither of them any longer...

Gorgeous bike and an amazing car!

bobleibo

2 wheels are way to scary for me. I'll stick to my four wheel Hot Rods!!

Road trip to Louisville !!! Ernie, I want a ride in that track racer, that would be one wild ride. Bet we could get it up on two wheels on the turns. Then we could head up to Mass. for a ride in the Cobra.....same agenda~

BradG

Been riding for years, as my sole form of transport all year round.

attachment.php

Hoping to save up enough to upgrade to an XVS1300 next year or something similar
yamaha-xvs1300-custom-2014-4.jpg

Attachments

• 11988731_742399462533398_4392608309276982058_n.jpg
    11988731_742399462533398_4392608309276982058_n.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 195

geritol1953

Cycle

Finished a ride from Abilene Texas to Alaska in July/August of this year. 10,500 miles of fun and other stuff. Big beautiful country we have here

bobleibo

Finished a ride from Abilene Texas to Alaska in July/August of this year. 10,500 miles of fun and other stuff. Big beautiful country we have here

WOW! That is one LOOONNNNGGGGGG ride in the saddle. You definitely qualify for the Iron Butt Award. What bike were you on?

Top Bottom