Do I Need Help??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

Yesterday I inventoried my pen kits and found I had 240+ unfinished kits of various styles, platings, etc. I just finished ordering 69 more kits in styles I was short of. Is this normal?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hcpens

Normal, I have more kits and blanks than I know about. Just not enough time, with my full-time job and a wife. I kind of look at it this way, most of the time prices will keep climbing so if you can buy for a later time, like retirement then you should be ahead, and heaven forbid something should happen to you, then there are always GOOD folks on this site that will buy your inventory at a good price.

Last edited:

JimB

You may need help, or maybe not. Depends on how many pens you make a week or month. For me that would be several years supply. For others on here that would be a month or two.

jttheclockman

You do not want to see my inventory. All I can say is when I pass on there will probably be a fire sale here. I left instructions for my brother to disperse with that stuff. I have been instructed to make a few pens by some members here that keep bugging me to get back in the shop so I may just have to do that. May have lost my touch after a couple years of not doing it. Will see.

Also a tool junkie and a wood collector. :)

Cwalker935

With 240+ kits, I bet you still do not have exactly what you need and when you go order exactly what you need you will likely order some others to save on shipping. That's where I usually find myself.

MTViper

I'm probably close = within 50 or so of what you have. I don't have as many pen kits or blanks or bowl blanks if you add them all together that would even approach the amount of quilt fabric my wife has. All my tools didn't cost as much as hers, either. I figure I'm behind and need to catch up.

keithbyrd

I don't think you need help! According to Penventory I have 427 kits (178 distinct types) so if you need help I am in a world of hurt! I'm sure the Penventory inventory is not accurate!:):)

wyone

You know.. I am willing to help any of you that have this addiction by buying all of those 240 kits for the huge sum of $1 each. You know, in an effort to make it sink in how much money you are losing on the deal. :) :) ( I am not counting my supplies btw or I might have to post something similar :) )

campzeke

OK ... since no one else has offered, I will offer to help. Place all the kits and supplies you will not use in the next 30~60 days and mail them to me. I will PM you my address.

Just trying to help ....

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yes you need help and Roy or Ed or Smitty will be more than happy to help. Just visit our sites and among us I'm sure we can get you fixed up with enough kits...

Top Bottom