DMV California RANT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

When we moved to Florida we went to their Tax Office to register our cars, change our drivers licenses, and record the deed to our new home. When entering we were issued a customer number and introduced to a nice lobby, carpeted, flat screen TV and comfortable chairs. Before 5 minutes were up we were at the counter. Before forty five minutes we walked out with the deed recorded, new plates for the cars and new drivers licenses complete with pictures.

Today we had one car to register, complete with smog cert. We were charged a sales tax on the car based on the purchase price in Texas and that was after we paid a sales tax in Texas. The room was crowed and hot complete with crying babies. WE have a paper drivers license. We have no plates. WE were bounced from station to station even with an appointment. We were there at 1:00 and left at 3:30. I am too upset to continue. .........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Sorry, John!
I didn't know you were a convicted felon or illegal immigrant. WHY ELSE would one move TO California, voluntarily?

Worst laws, worst economy, Worst standard of living, highest taxes!

Last edited:
Wow. You got out in 2 1/2 hours? They must have known you were new in Calif and wanted to treat you nicely. Don't worry, the honeymoon phase will wear off and you will get treated like the rest of us.

If you want a real challenge, try resolving a data difference between CA DMV and Social Security. It took me almost a year to get it resolved and involved several offices and ended up in finding out that after 20 years, my "wife" and I aren't really married.

Good luck, and by the way - a big +1 on what Andy said.

Ken

Dave_M

Nah. If he were an illegal immigrant, he wouldn't have paid anything.

Sorry, John!
I didn't know you were a convicted felon or illegal immigrant. WHY ELSE would one move TO California, voluntarily?

Worst laws, worst economy, Worst standard of living, highest taxes!

tt1106

Hey, hey hey. I'm a California Native living in Louisville, KY.
I chalk it up to the legislature (which by and large is insane.....probably) not having the nerve to charge a sunshine tax or a "left" border tax. They make up for it in other ways. It's all a deliberate attempt to make the law abiding citizens, like me, move to a different state.

Top Bottom