DIY Emergency

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

Well my lovely bride wanted a new modern kitchen faucet. As a veteran of many somewhat successful DIY projects, I got up early to install the new faucet. All went well up to when I started tighting the last fitting and the old brittle plastic pipe snapped off. Instant fountain, jerked up and cut my eyebrow on something, ran outside barefooted and soaking wet in the near freezing cold, blood dripping in my eye, frantically crawled under the house and finally located the turn-off valve (I feel like I've seen something like this on TV or a movie) Grabbed every towel in the house and mopped up the water, went to Home Depot got some new fittings, came home and repaired the damage. No more projects today, going to plop down in the recliner and watch football all today.

IMG_1894.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well my lovely bride wanted a new modern kitchen faucet. As a veteran of many somewhat successful DIY projects, I got up early to install the new faucet. All went well up to when I started tighting the last fitting and the old brittle plastic pipe snapped off. Instant fountain, jerked up and cut my eyebrow on something, ran outside barefooted and soaking wet in the near freezing cold, blood dripping in my eye, frantically crawled under the house and finally located the turn-off valve (I feel like I've seen something like this on TV or a movie) Grabbed every towel in the house and mopped up the water, went to Home Depot got some new fittings, came home and repaired the damage. No more projects today, going to plop down in the recliner and watch football all today.

View attachment 157921

Wow - and all before noon!

Skie_M

Just glad you didn't meet some critter that had taken residence under the house and decided to "gently nibble you till you leave" ...

Been there, done that, got the bite marks.... wondering where the tattoo went...?

Top Bottom