Die punches or disc punches

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am looking for a good quality set of die punches 1/4" to 1" preferred. Something that is accurate to the size and also can punch metal easily. Looking at some of the ones on ebay and just not sure of quality. Any suggestions and if you have a link that would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance.

I should specify that the disc is what I am after so that has to be the accurate measurement. Maybe they are called hollow disc cutters.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Well...you said you wanted quality....:wink:

I would not mind the price but shipping is 1/4 of the value. I just bought a couple drill bits and shipping is as much as one of the drill bits. I know there is no getting around it but it gets tougher and tougher. :)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
The one Curly linked from Otto Frei is the same one I linked too....just cheaper and in the USA.

Still the best quality of course....:biggrin:

KenV

Hey JT

Makes a difference what you punch, and how many time you want to do it

Punching gold or silver is a bit different than titanium. How thick makes a difference too.

jttheclockman

Hey JT

Makes a difference what you punch, and how many time you want to do it

Punching gold or silver is a bit different than titanium. How thick makes a difference too.

Yes it does. That is why I was looking for accuracy as well as ease of use. Some of these it takes a sledge hammer to get them to cut through thin metals. Then some will not take to sharpening so they become a one and done thing and that is some of the more expensive ones too. I like to read the reviews on things. I was hoping maybe someone has experience with a set that can mention them. As Pete pointed out there are many many sources and I have started looking through them but can not tell one from the other.

Someone here mentioned when buying a tool do not just buy for today but for future projects. In this case I do not know what they are but want the ability to have them for those projects. Right now the projects are calling for plastics and thin metals. I put the gold and silver bars on hold:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom