Did You Know???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Back over 10 years ago we were almost called by a different name. A fine gentleman by the name of Jeff Brown brought to light this thread.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/wild-idea-name-change-6468/

I like to on occasion scan the threads that go back quite a ways and look through them and see the different ideas being pondered as this great forum took hold and led us to what it is today. Also to see once again the names that were significant back then. Miss many of those guys.

Within that thread is an ongoing thought that at times get smacked around here. That is the question of what is it that we do in a nutshell?? Are we pen turners, pen makers, pen crafters, pen artisans or some combination of all or none???

Whatever it is I am sure glad this place exists and continues to move ahead. We keep in the back of our minds the dedication of those that had the foresight to get this done and continue and to be led by that fine gentleman named Jeff Brown. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ha ha.....I can hear the sarcasm in your voice from over here...:biggrin:
What did I do to rattle your cage? I'm on your side, remember !!:biggrin:

jttheclockman

Ha ha.....I can hear the sarcasm in your voice from over here...:biggrin:
What did I do to rattle your cage? I'm on your side, remember !!:biggrin:

No Skip I forgot the "E" for EXCELLENT :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My cage has been rattled enough for a few weeks. I am good for now. Running out of aspirin from all this rattling.:doctor:

Scott

I remember that thread! We were all so serious! But it was an interesting topic. We were just winging it when we came up with International Association of Penturners, so looking at other names was not a bad thing. But I happen to think we "winged it" pretty well, and I'm glad it's still the IAP. Thanks for keeping this place going Jeff!

Scott.

Top Bottom