Did Phil see his shadow?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
He hasn't looked yet

Well I'm looking out the window at 6:30am EST and I'd say he's still in bed or at least still having his coffee.

PTsideshow

As of right now the one in Punxsutawney Pa is a she and still huddling in her cage. As the noise from fire works and the thousands of idiots out at this time of the morning in that town dancing, signing and generally making a show of themselves!
Are there that many people that have nothing better to do than travel to that town and wait for some poor animal to be pulled out and shown to a group of thousands of screaming people. They do drag this thing out on TV!

Do they keep the bars open all night for this day :wink: There looks to be about 4 or 5,000 people screaming.
6 more weeks of winter!
:clown:

Last edited:

RDH79

I live about 35 miles from there and in my 50 yrs I have never been there. I watch it on TV and thats the closest I want to get.
And he has a 50-50 chance of getting it right.

DMGill

If the "6 more weeks of winter" are anything like the last few days we've had, it'll be good! It's been sunny and 70+ here in north Texas! Beautiful!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Winter

If the "6 more weeks of winter" are anything like the last few days we've had, it'll be good! It's been sunny and 70+ here in north Texas! Beautiful!
If it means winters like this one here in Delaware....there's something really good to be said for "global warming"

RDH79

I'll take six more like this too. Last 2 days have been in the mid 50's But we still have this month to get through. Bad thing is Lake Erie isnt froze over and we can get lake affect snows.

navycop

As of right now the one in Punxsutawney Pa is a she and still huddling in her cage. As the noise from fire works and the thousands of idiots out at this time of the morning in that town dancing, signing and generally making a show of themselves!
Are there that many people that have nothing better to do than travel to that town and wait for some poor animal to be pulled out and shown to a group of thousands of screaming people. They do drag this thing out on TV!

Do they keep the bars open all night for this day :wink: There looks to be about 4 or 5,000 people screaming.
6 more weeks of winter!

Are you talking about Groundhog Day or Superbowl Sunday??:biggrin:

lorbay

Well this just in from the Canadian guy's.
WIARTON, Ont. - Canada's furry forecasters are calling for an early spring.
Ontario's Wiarton Willie and Nova Scotia's prognosticating rodent Shubenacadie Sam didn't see their shadows when they emerged on Thursday morning.
However, the predictions by the Canadian groundhogs are at odds …

Lin.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm

On the other hand a Canadian's definition of a "mild" winter would probably differ somewhat from mine. Andrew was talking about pounding nails in weather that would have me running for cover.
Well this just in from the Canadian guy's.
WIARTON, Ont. - Canada's furry forecasters are calling for an early spring.
Ontario's Wiarton Willie and Nova Scotia's prognosticating rodent Shubenacadie Sam didn't see their shadows when they emerged on Thursday morning.
However, the predictions by the Canadian groundhogs are at odds …

Lin.

PTsideshow

Are you talking about Groundhog Day or Superbowl Sunday??:biggrin:

This morning it was about them folks up at Goobler Knob, There was wall to wall people as the camera panned back and forth over the crowds, They were saying that they had fireworks, a band or bands and members of the ground hog club acting stupid to whip the crowd up!

But then you are right With a couple more zero's in the numbers it could have been the stupid bowl ! I mean the super bowl! :wink:
Having never been into stick and ball sports, I can say that personally.

I haven't seen more then clips they show on the news shows afterward. As I got older I just quit watching the news for about week afterward to avoid being forced to watch the clips.
If you like it by all means watch it and enjoy it. I don't even watch it for the commercials! Who wants to watch commercials, since you will be sick of them in a month! :biggrin:

Rick P

Not sure, we mistook him for a parka squirrel and snared his butt the second his head stuck out of the hole. He'll make a good meal and addition to the pile of other Parka squirrels!

The male parka squierl emerges from hibernating a few weeks before the females. They have a denser and more attractive coat, they are also one of the first sources of fresh meat after the long arctic winter. Inuit women and children traditionally harvest them with a long hand held snare made of caribou sinew and camps around parka squirrel burrows often have a "spring fair" feeling to them. The average parka takes around 60 squirrels.

Attachments

• parka~squirrel~507.jpg
    parka~squirrel~507.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 61
  • parka.jpg
    parka.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom