This deserves a big cheer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gtriever

Harbor Freight always takes its share of bashing for the quality (or lack of) for a lot of its items. However, I'd like to suggest a big 'Cheer' because of the email they sent out today. Instead of explaining it all, here's the text for those of you who haven't seen it:

Dear Valued Customer,

I'm writing to share some great news and to invite you to participate and spread the word about the new Harbor Freight Tools for Schools Prize for Teaching Excellence. The Prize is part of Harbor Freight Tools for Schools LLC's charitable effort to shine a light on excellence in skilled trades education (electrical, carpentry, welding, plumbing, automotive, etc.) in American public high schools.

We have a deep respect for the dignity of this work and for the intelligence and creativity of people who work with their hands. We know for sure that quality skilled trades education in high schools offers pathways to graduation, opportunity, good jobs and a workforce our country needs. We want to help grow understanding, support and investment by school districts and others.

The Harbor Freight Tools for Schools Prize for Teaching Excellence will be awarded annually and will include over $500,000 awarded to 10 outstanding skilled trades teachers in public high schools and the skilled trades programs in their schools!
• 3 first place winners will receive a Prize of $100,000 ($30,000 directly to the teacher and $70,000 to their high school's skilled trades program)
• 7 second place winners will receive a Prize of $30,000 ($10,000 directly to the teacher and $20,000 to their high school's skilled trades program)
The Prize will help support amazing skilled trades teachers, students and programs across America. It will honor outstanding teachers - folks who are heroes to us - and who just don't get enough recognition.
Are you a public high school skilled trades teacher - offering classes in electrical, carpentry, welding, plumbing, automotive, etc.? If so, check out the Prize! If not, I hope you'll forward this note to a friend who is.
Please visit:
Thank you for your interest and for being a Harbor Freight customer!
Sincerely,
lbwMwvJA9suiDEPDGSuIB_I4MtYhx4JVmpxNYLSJuAMUzd8UMI0HZEA8mWFq7gEBZD0ovEnOVEuMeaMNKcT12vR1giELXXIQXtHhMXi7W90BtdYThnQer2CrKiN_wW2MZkDn7annAAF8K6IKYQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Eric Smidt
President and Owner
Harbor Freight Tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

I use many tools from Harbor Freight. Drill bits, jacobs chuck, transfer punches, magnifying lamp and arbor press were some of the very first items I bought when I started 11 years ago. Still use them today, along with calipers, face shield, needle nose pliers, mini cutoff saw and others not popping into my mind.

I could not have afforded to start this adventure without their low prices and quality.

What a great program for skilled trades teachers! I wish I knew one to nominate.

JimB

I received the email as well. It is really a great thing they are doing. I have many tools from them as well and I really don't have any complaints. like Chris, their prices allowed me to get started in this hobby. One of the first things I bought from them was a set of 8 turning tools. That was 9 years ago and even though I have many more now ( that cost a lot more too) I still use my HF set when turning small items like pens and bottle stoppers.

TonyL

I think that it is great and very fair that you share your positive experience with others. I believe HF does a good job and selling products at a very affordable price point that allow many to get involved in a hobby or business that they would not otherwise participate. I am sure that all know what they are getting into (or may get into) just as I do when I buy a Jet lathes vs. a Robust. Thanks again!

Top Bottom