Demented Cardinal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

This spring, a male cardinal (the bird) took up residence in my yard. Ever since, he's been attacking his reflection in every window of my house. I covered my windows with screen, but then he moved to the side mirrors on my cars. I put bags over the mirrors, and now he's taken to sitting on my trailer hitch:

attachment.php

and going after his image in the rear bumper:

attachment.php

… and of course, he's crapping everywhere.

This bird is driving me nuts!

Attachments

• Cardinal1.jpg
    Cardinal1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 590
  • Cardinal2.jpg
    Cardinal2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 584
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buckmark13

Great pics!

We have one that for the last three spring seasons has pecked on a window of our house literally non stop, all day long. Meaning from first light to dusk, constantly. It has driven us nuts! We have tried everything and if it weren't such a large window, and I hate to say this, the bb gun would have come out.

Our neighbors think its hilarious, and it is, unless you're the one inside. The only good thing is it only lasts about a month and then he moves on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1080Wayne

Great pics!

We have one that for the last three spring seasons has pecked on a window of our house literally non stop, all day long. Meaning from first light to dusk, constantly. It has driven us nuts! We have tried everything and if it weren't such a large window, and I hate to say this, the bb gun would have come out.

Our neighbors think its hilarious, and it is, unless you're the one inside. The only good thing is it only lasts about a month and then he moves on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

E or S facing window I assume . I would think that a 2 mil sheet of polyethylene film over the window would eliminate the reflectivity and the attraction , if you could live with the hazier view for a month .

I suspect that the problem both of you have is caused by you allowing the bird to watch politicians on Fox news , preening themselves .

Sylvanite

The only good thing is it only lasts about a month and then he moves on.

E or S facing window I assume . I would think that a 2 mil sheet of polyethylene film over the window would eliminate the reflectivity and the attraction

A month - I wish! This bird seems to have moved in permanently.

I taped no-see-um netting on every window that the cardinal attacked, but each time, he just moved to another one. I swear, he's actively looking for reflections he can fight - and befoul.

Kenny Durrant

My brother had the same problem. He thought it was funny at first then the bird moved to his PU mirrors.When that happened so started the pooping on the side of the PU then it became a serious problem.

Woodchipper

My parents put rubber snakes on their side mirrors. Hmmmm, do cardinals taste like chicken? My advice is to point him the direction of St. Louis, MO or Louisville, KY. Lots of Cardinals there.

Rounder

We had that problem with a roadrunner and the side mirrors. Their feet are hell on a paint job. Lots of scratches.

Top Bottom