DCBluesman / Heritage Pens link ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I guess this is mainly aimed at Jeff.

I was checking out the Random Links ( Bottom left of the Home Page ) and I noticed our late friend Lou - DCBluesman- Metcalf's site, has a link that goes to an Etsy shop that to me appears to have no connection to Lou at all.

I just checked again and it still does it. Did someone buy Lou's site / name?:confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Skip, it has more to do with ownership of the domain name than anything else. When Lou passed his family might have canceled or let expire the domain name and it would become available to anyone who applied for it - so this could be a completely unrelated business that never heard of Lou. I guess to find out someone would have to ask.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That makes sense Leroy.
I just sent a message to the Etsy shop owner, Jason, asking if he was connected to Lou.

If not then the link from IAP is no longer valid

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I received a reply from Jason, the new domain owner. He said he is in no way connected to Lou. He said he has received several emails of people trying to contact Lou, since he became the new domain owner.

I wouldn't want anyone thinking they were viewing Lou's craftsmanship by following that IAP link. Perhaps it's best if it was removed?

Top Bottom