Damascus Sold!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

About six months ago I presented this pen in a post, http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/damascus-steel-knurl-143370/, which was well received here. I have had the pen on display at my sales table since then (about six months), and just completed the sale last Friday, Apr 21. In my years of selling pens at my single venue, a resort here on Kauai, the sales pattern has been fairly consistent: pens priced over $200 tend to move slowly, but do sell. (My customer base are about 95% impulse buys, and 5% return customers.) This pen went for $325, after six months on the table. The buyer was just what I anticipated: a knife collector who was immediately attracted to a pen crafted from Damascus. :) :)

Attachments

• DAMASCUS OCT '16.jpg
    DAMASCUS OCT '16.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 293
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

That is a great looking pen and well deserving of the money paid. What did you finish it with and does that material change color?? Thanks for showing.

SteveG

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really enjoyed making that pen, and am very happy with the results.

John T., the Damascus Steel gets the nice contrast by etching the finished piece. So with that step as part of the overall process, it is the natural color. The pen was waxed with a protective final finish, and that would need to be done from time to time to keep the pen looking its best. It could dull out or perhaps even oxidize without the protective wax.

Top Bottom