Dad goes to Walmart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I want to share a funny story about my Dad. First a little background. As some of you may know, he had a stoke earlier this year. The stroke left him with limited speech, and a paralyzed right arm. He can walk for limited distances with a quad cane. To help with the mental image, Dad is bald and Mom is a little white haired lady. Now the story. Mom decided that it would be a good idea to see if he could walk behind a shopping cart and took him to Walmart. Dad spots an electric shopping cart and hops on it before my Mom can stop him. He has never operated one but that does not stop him. He lays his cane across his lap and floors it. My mom is running behind him yelling for him to slow down. He has limited control and is weaving from side to side knocking stuff off the shelves with his cane. People are running for their lives. He terrorizes half the store before Mom finally catches up and gets him under control and puts his cane in the cart. They finish up their shopping and on the way home Dad has a good belly laugh about his exploits. I hope that they do not have an APB out for him.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

Be on the lookout for this guy:

image.jpeg

Akula

Thanks for sharing, what a funny story.

I rode in a shopping cart for the first time this year after my heart attack. I'm not as bad now but at first would get tired very quick. Let's just say I know how he was feeling LOL

No learning curve and the carts are parked right where everyone has to come in...course I picked a busy time. I was embarrassed at first but after a few minutes sitting and waiting and people not stopping for me to take off and get out of the way, I yelled out, Here I go....and zoom right into a basket behind me LOL yep, had it in reverse.

stonepecker

What? :eek: No video? :rolleyes:

Good for him. At least they didn't take his license away from driving one of those.
My wife has one of those powered riding carts .....battery charged. Takes the dog for a walk with it.
Found out that the dog is scared of the dark. (early mmorning walks) So the daughter found a lighted collar for the dog.
I will post a photo later. :eek:
They also have those carts at Sam's Club, Menards, some shopping malls. :good:
With luck, he can terrorize thousands before learning how to control one of them silly things.
They are great when the back hurts and you have to shop.

Tell him that my wife is ready anytime he wants to race. :biggrin:

Last edited:

bobleibo

That's hilarious! We've all seen the pictures of "People from Wal-Mart". I'm just sitting here trying to visualize your dad rolling through the store knocking everything in his path over, then laughing about it on the way home.
Thanks for the laugh Cody!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Even here in the UK we get those People of Walmart videos now and the on the box. :)
I look forward to seeing your Mom chasing your Dad around on the next episode.:biggrin:

tbroye

I was asked when I retired what I was going to do.. I said I had applied to be a greeter at WalMart. My Family was horrified and my coworkers couldn't wait for all to break loose knowing my Non PC attitude. I have enough fun at my local grocery with the Large Loud Obnoxious Women On Cell Phones. who block the Aisle and hold up the checkout line. That store is now closed and i now shop at store a farther away but it is civilized. In my neighborhood I am on a first name basis like many others with the beat cops have the back number to dispatch.

Tom

Cwalker935

Dad is still a fun loving guy and still fairly sharp despite all he's been thru so I suspect that he was doing it on purpose for at least part of the time. It must have been exhilarating to go tearing thru the store and know that he could get away with it. I wish that I did have a video.

Skie_M

Well, if you go ask quick enough, the manager at that wal-mart might be kind enough to slip you a copy of the right security tape .... if you offer to pay for the stuff your dad destroyed on his joyride ... :)

When my dad got ill I was working in a clothes shop in Cheltenham. Mum came in to see me one day and I asked where dad was. He was on one of those electric mobility cars armed with a stop watch trying to beat his time from one end of Regents shopping arcade to the other. Once a racer, always a racer! Fair play to him he could really make that thing shift but he complained he kept having to abandon "racing laps" as he had to slow down for people as he didn't want to bang in to them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom