Dad gets even on daughters Facebook!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

LOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!! I have 3 girls and know this day will come in my lafe as well. I just hope my S&W 40 will do enough Damage to the laptop if not I may have to upgrade to a 45.

seamus7227

LOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!! I have 3 girls and know this day will come in my lafe as well. I just hope my S&W 40 will do enough Damage to the laptop if not I may have to upgrade to a 45.

I was wondering how many dads will see this and seize the opportunity to "one-up" this dad with a 12-Gauge shotgun or even better, a black powder canon!.......just sayin':biggrin::rolleyes:

GoatRider

Seems a bit overboard to me. And wasteful. Sure, take her laptop away, that makes a lot of sense. Maybe format it and donate it to charity. But destroy it with a lethal weapon?

seamus7227

Seems a bit overboard to me. And wasteful. Sure, take her laptop away, that makes a lot of sense. Maybe format it and donate it to charity. But destroy it with a lethal weapon?

While it may have been a bit overboard, sometimes if you dont make your point, these kids will never learn the consequences for their own actions. If you noticed, the daughter had already been grounded for her behavior in the past and the dad warned her that it wouldnt be good if it happened again. So now he was forced to follow thru with it!

leestoresund

I read some of the comments that followed.
Those that think he was too harsh are the ones who think that we should not teach history that includes wars, that guns should be banned, that corporal punishment to your kids is wrong are part of the reason our lifestyle has changed so dramatically. And many of us think for the worse.
Unfortunately, it is those of our generation (60+) that allowed this to happen when we let the schools dispense with dress codes, grades, etc.
But, as I recall history, Aristotle said the same thngs back in his day.So I guess we will get through this, too.

Lee

seamus7227

I wish more parents would take a stand. Our society needs to make turn and get back on the right path. We have wandered down the "its all about me", "its not my fault", "dont hurt someones feelings" road for way too long.

social media is the new addiction for society. I really enjoy having the availability of it, but take it away from people and watch how much of an uproar it causes for them.

IPD_Mr

What a waste of bullets. The kid obviously couldn't stand cleaning, so he should have just buried the laptop in a pile of manure and told her where it was in the video

Charlie_W

I would like to see the exit side of the laptop!

I sent this link to my wife's email and we will be sending it to our daughter(college freshman) as well. I think there will be many many thousands sending this to their kids! I love it!

John Pratt

Kind of makes me wish I took video of when I took a Benelli M4 12ga to the family PS3 becuase they were getting addicted to the darn thing. I say Kudo's to the dad. I know to many other people who have nothing that would love to be in the girls shoes. I am guilty myself of somewhat spoiling my kids. It isn't until it gets out of hand that you realize that by trying to provide them with more than you had growing up, that you forget sometimes that some lessons are learned by doing without.

seamus7227

Kind of makes me wish I took video of when I took a Benelli M4 12ga to the family PS3 becuase they were getting addicted to the darn thing. I say Kudo's to the dad. I know to many other people who have nothing that would love to be in the girls shoes. I am guilty myself of somewhat spoiling my kids. It isn't until it gets out of hand that you realize that by trying to provide them with more than you had growing up, that you forget sometimes that some lessons are learned by doing without.

you nailed it John!

seamus7227

He works for IT he should just disable the facebook page. They do it work and we can't get on.

nah....not effective enough, remember, he made a promise that if something happened again, then it was gonna be bad!:biggrin: I still like the shotgun idea better, or even a black powder cannon:tongue:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
When I first followed the link and saw the video, I was like everyone else that has(had) teenage kids and could relate to it.
But then I started thinking.
My kids are deffinately no angels, but I'm proud to say that they are all products of their parents and the way we brought them up.

What exact lesson was learned by this girl?
From what I can gather, her and at least one brother have already been affected by their parents splitting ( Step mum mentioned ) and she is probably going through the most radical change her body and mind will ever make ( she is 15, you work it out )

Then this dope publically, and now globally, humiliates her.
Sure she was wrong big time, but I honestly think that he has damaged any relationship he may ever have with his daughter.
I would have been very hurt to discover that one of my kids had done that, but I would also be dissapointed with how I brought her up in the first place and therefore kept my mouth shut.

Just my 2p worth:wink:

gwilki

I just know that I should keep quiet on this, but I'm with Skip. I don't accept that two wrongs make a right. The girl by all appearances was wrong - big time. But, I believe that the Dad going public was just as bad.
When I was a kid (I'm 62 now.), we didn't have Facebook, so we just hung around outside the local store and bitched about our parents and how unfair life was in general. Now, kids have Facebook, but the messages are the same.
I believe that the father would have had a far better chance of actually changing things had he sat down in private with his daughter, told her how hurt he was by her actions and worked out fixing the longer term relationship.
I realize that my position comes from only what I've seen in this one video. I don't know the long history of this father/daughter relationship, but I can't see anything good at all coming from this video.
Everybody loses.

cwolfs69

good deal. i loved the way he got rid of the laptop. i think he handles it beautifully.
by the way, love the 1911, that is mostly what i and the wife carry daily.

Last edited:

Haynie

He works for IT he should just disable the facebook page. They do it work and we can't get on.

Try air proxy. or find a 12 year old to show you how to get around the fire wall.

I have a pretty simple question, why did he not just take it away. I agree that blowing it away would have an effect but I am afraid it would be short lived.

His first problem was letting her have the computer in her room. My boys are ****ed because I will not let them have a computer in their room. As a middle school teacher I have seen first hand the effects of unsupervised computer usage. I guess this dad saw it too. Two wrongs here.

Last edited:
Those that need to learn a lesson from this video are simply going to condemn the father. Fortunately, I think he is more grounded than most folks would give him credit for and hopefully his daughter will be as well. I am very pleased to hear that we won't be seeing him or his daughter on the today show or getting payouts from this social media incident.

reiddog1

IMHO, I believe that most children (mine included) become numb to being grounded and sometimes need a little something extra to get the point across. A 1911 to a computer definately did that. This reminds me of how lucky I am to have access to automatic weapons and explosives. I'll have to put this in my memory bank for when my daughters get a little older and want to test their crazy dad.

sbell111

I read some of the comments that followed.
Those that think he was too harsh are the ones who think that we should not teach history that includes wars, that guns should be banned, that corporal punishment to your kids is wrong are part of the reason our lifestyle has changed so dramatically. And many of us think for the worse.
Unfortunately, it is those of our generation (60+) that allowed this to happen when we let the schools dispense with dress codes, grades, etc.
But, as I recall history, Aristotle said the same thngs back in his day.So I guess we will get through this, too.

Lee

I am not opposed to teaching kids about wars.
I do not believe that guns should be banned, nor will I give up mine.
I believe that corporal punishment has it's use, on a very limited basis.

That being said, I believe that this guy should get the 'Worst Father of the Year" award.

aplpickr

My grandson posted "Go Dad" on Facebook about video

My grandson who will be nineteen in fifteen days got it Right! He is away at a Baptist college concentrating in "youth discipleship". Proud that he didn't need to be humiliated.:redface:

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
While some would consider the dad's action extreme, remember, this is the second time she has done something like this. A tough lesson for all of us is that life doesn't always give second chances. We are all responsible for our own actions and we should be required to face the consequences. My mother told me as a young boy, "if you get arrested, don't expect me to come get you. Get yourself out" Guess what?. I have made it 63 years and never been arrested. A parents first job is to be a parent, second to be popular with your kid. I thank my parents for expecting things from me and wish more parents in todays age did the same.

Haynie

"Q: How did your daughter respond to the video and to what happened to her laptop?

A: She responded to the video with "I can't believe you shot my computer!" That was the first thing she said when she found out about it. Then we sat and we talked for quite a long while on the back patio about the things she did, the things I did in response, etc."

Every family needs a back patio.

Mariner1

This kid had it good. She had to get up at 5am for school, too bad, The bus picked me up at 5:30 for school. When I got home I cleaned the house, fed the horses and on the weekends shovled manure from the stalls. I cooked my own lunch as both my parents worked so they could keep a roof over my head and food on my table. I still had plenty of time for fun with my freinds because I got my chores done fast. My dad was strict and would punish if needed , I am 50 and and grew up before all the experts told us how we must raise our kids. My dad died two years ago and I miss him more then anyone will ever know. This kid makes me sick, and some day her parents wont be around anymore and maybe then she will realize how great they were.

This guy should be president.

Karl

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I took a sledghammer to my Xbox. Destroyed it into a zillion pieces. My neighbors watched and told their kids to stay away, as I was a deranged lunatic. Maybe I should of posted that on facebook:biggrin:. I sure taught that thing a lesson that it will never forget!!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Right on!

While it may have been a bit overboard, sometimes if you dont make your point, these kids will never learn the consequences for their own actions. If you noticed, the daughter had already been grounded for her behavior in the past and the dad warned her that it wouldnt be good if it happened again. So now he was forced to follow thru with it!

I agree with Seamus! Right on Seamus 100%!!:highfive:

A lot of passion shows in the comments here. For sure. I wasn't too thrilled with the guy's actions (was less thrilled by her's). But I'm thinking that I gotta be careful in supporting or condemning anything because I haven't walked in either's shoes. I'm also thinking that these situations have to be considered in context and whether or not she retaliates by taking his 1911 and blowing him away with it.

Personally, I don't like what he did. He "played her game" rather than setting the standard he wants her to follow. But, for real, I admire his doing an unpleasant task, even though he didn't want to do it or like doing it. He did't turn away and hope it would get better. Too much of that.

Bottom line - the proof is in the pudding. If she figures it out and/or if he thinks maybe he overdid a bit and they reach a workable relationship where they can laugh about it in 20 years then it'll be OK. If not, they'll just be another statistic about "estranged parents". And that won't be on Youtube.

Top Bottom