CVT transmission fluid 2007 Sentra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Someone here always has helped me with just about any question - from washing machines to furnace controls. So here I am again.

Bought a 2007 Sentra 2.0 from a friend at a very good price. It had 90k miles and it now has 130k (I drive a LOT.) Pulled a code at the parts store about transmission needs to be serviced. I have been researching and Nissan insists that only 7.825 quarts of their $27/quart ns2 CVT fluid be used.

Warranty has been long gone, not worried about that, but I do want want the tranny to function correctly. Does anyone have experience with this? :confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Valvoline sells a compatible CVT oil. Its 11 or 12 a quart at local parts store.

And i helped you with headlight issue long ago!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chris, if you can find a Rural King around you, they have THE lowest price on oil and fluids. Find out what fluid is compatible with your car, and see if they have it. I found their price to be $3.00 less than autozone. Just a suggestion.

Chris, as long as it's a NS-3 fluid it will work just fine. As Ernie stated, Valvoline is one, you can also check out Amsoil and I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple of others out there. I hate that I know this, but, we've had to deal with a Nissan CVT more than once. Also make sure that you remove the overflow plug only when the engine is running or you'll waste a lot of that overpriced oil.

Top Bottom