cute story

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

Last Saturday I was doing blacksmithing demos at Slide Rock State Park to help celebrate their 9th annual Apple festival. I was making rings out of horseshoe nails letting the kids help me hammer them round. This little girl 5-6 years old with a big pink heart on her dress wanted one. We hammered one out checked the size and then gave it to her. She just held it in both hands looking at me with big brown eyes that would melt an ogres heart. I asked her what was wrong and with such anticipation and hope on her face she holds it out to me and asks sheepishly "Can you put a diamond in it for me?"
I was shocked but managed to tell her that she needed to ask her daddy about that. She turns to her daddy and asks "Daddy can he put a diamond in this for me?" He told her he didn't have one with him but maybe when she gets a little older.
I don't think I will ever forget the look on her face.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

As pretty as you describe, there will be a young man who will give her the diamond along with his love. Thanks for the story. If one isn't touched by it, they should be checked to see if they are still breathing.

Top Bottom