Curses

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I spent a good part of the day working on two pens one wood and one acrylic- two different kits. I drilled the blanks at the same time and apparently got the lower tubes mixed up.:mad: I was being careful not to do that and am not sure how it happened. One of the tubes was a tight fit and I reamed the blank out to make it work, that should have clued me into something not being right:confused:. I took extra effort to turn these pens perfectly and when I went to assemble the pens I discovered my mistake. The wooden blank was a higher end blank so I cost myself time and money.:at-wits-end:

Darn and double darn.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I'm not a production pan maker. I only work on one pen at a time, from start to finish. If I'm doing one series as Slimline pens, I might drill several at one time. That is rare, though.
I'm just glad that I hav nevar maad a misteak whin making penns.

randyrls

Cody; My pen box has spaces for 8 pens. Each pen goes into its own compartment with its blank. I work on one pen (or style) at a time. I've mixed up pens before and this idea keeps it from happening again.

Woodchipper

I keep the plastic containers that we get from the grocery store with the deli meats. I put all my components in them and label them with a piece of masking tape. Then if I"m doing pens of the same as Slim Lines, I can drill them without changing bits on the DP. Then I squre them with the pen mill and vise on the DP.

Top Bottom