Cummins DELETE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Anyone on here drive a Ram diesel truck that have done any deletes on it, like EGR, DPF, and DEF. ??? I am looking for info on Tuners.
Lin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I have a 2017 Ram 2500 turbo and have talked to several that make these mods as part of their business. All have told me that for the small amount of increase in power and mileage you will likely never recoup the cost. They said the best one to make would be the cold air intake.

lorbay

I have a 2017 Ram 2500 turbo and have talked to several that make these mods as part of their business. All have told me that for the small amount of increase in power and mileage you will likely never recoup the cost. They said the best one to make would be the cold air intake.

Thanks Monty, yes I understand that the payback is very long term, I am more worried about the engine than anything else and the cost of repairs. Just the EGR service is $1000 if your not able to do it yourself. Then there is the cost of the soot cooker DPR. this is a $2500 bill if it goes wrong. Then there is the catalytic converter another $1100. Then there is the benefit of not putting DEF fluid in anymore. So I think it's really worth it in the long run
Lin.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Don't know much about the delete's, but we build quite a few Cummins Pulling Engines. Like anything else, you gotta have deep pockets for those diesels!!

More4dan

Thanks Monty, yes I understand that the payback is very long term, I am more worried about the engine than anything else and the cost of repairs. Just the EGR service is $1000 if your not able to do it yourself. Then there is the cost of the soot cooker DPR. this is a $2500 bill if it goes wrong. Then there is the catalytic converter another $1100. Then there is the benefit of not putting DEF fluid in anymore. So I think it's really worth it in the long run

Lin.

What are your local regulations for meeting emission standards? You could end up reversing your mods after spending your money.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

lorbay

Lin.

What are your local regulations for meeting emission standards? You could end up reversing your mods after spending your money.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

None at this time. There used to be but it went away 15 years ago.

Lin

sbwertz

Finally sold my 1990 Cummins Ram 350, after 23 years! Only adaption we ever made to it was an intercooler, and replaced the bench front seat with a set of FlexSteel bucket seats and console.

Top Bottom