Cross style refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

I have a few questions about Cross style refills. There seems to be several options for Parker refills but very few for Cross. The Private Reserve Cross refills are out of stock with most vendors. So here are my questions.

1. What is a decent quality Cross style refill? (Better than those supplied with the kits.)

2. Where can you buy them?

3. Has anyone purchased or used Cross style refills from Beaufort Ink in the UK?

4. Is there a US supplier for Beaufort Ink?

Any other info or input on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

I bought some genuine Cross refills at Staples--hard pressed (no pun intended) to tell them apart from the cheapies. One reason I don't make many 7mm pens--I always find myself making apologies when I pass one to a potential customer to try out and then try to steer them to my larger pens that all have Schmidt EasyFlow 9000s in them.

geoffholden

I haven't tried them myself yet (I just had a few arrive), but exoticblanks.com sells a Cross-style refill by Private Reserve that claims to be nicer than the stock ones.
I have used Private Reserve bottled ink in my own fountain pens, and from that I would trust the brand.

Dehn0045

I bought some genuine Cross refills at Staples--hard pressed (no pun intended) to tell them apart from the cheapies. One reason I don't make many 7mm pens--I always find myself making apologies when I pass one to a potential customer to try out and then try to steer them to my larger pens that all have Schmidt EasyFlow 9000s in them.

The Schmidt EasyFlow 9000s are really nice, I like them too

Top Bottom