Credit Card Readers for Smart Phones????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I'm thinking about offering the ability to take credit cards for sales. What are the options available as far as services, cost of services and devices to use? Does the payment go through PayPal?

I try to keep up with technology, not necessarily embrace it, but I have no clue on how to process credit cards.

Thanks for the guidance in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

I'm thinking about offering the ability to take credit cards for sales. What are the options available as far as services, cost of services and devices to use? Does the payment go through PayPal?

I try to keep up with technology, not necessarily embrace it, but I have no clue on how to process credit cards.

Thanks for the guidance in advance.

Not sure of all the phones but the IPhone uses a device called the square reader and it plugs into your phone. Uses all major credit cards. NOT PAYPAL.

Lin.

PenMan1

My first choice here would be the intuit reader and credit card vendor from Quicken. This reader integrates seamlessly into Quickbooks Pro and does much more than "just credit cards" if quicken is used on a tablet or data stored on a cloud.

Live2Dive

I recently signed up for Squareup. I received my free reader about a week after signing p on the website. They are 2.75% per swiped transaction. I have an Android phone and it worked effortlessly.

tjseagrove

I use GoPayments from Intuit. Also, Intuit is a well known company and when I mention that to then they become quite confident about the transaction. Nothing against Square as they have done very well, just brand recognition does give my customers a level of confidence. (my opinion, others may vary... :)

Tom

Live2Dive

I went to a local craft fair this weekend and notice about half of the booths had signs up for Square. That gave me a ton of confidence going into my first show in a few weeks.

Kevin there is a company in Raleigh called Roam Data that I use. 1-888-589-5885 Its $10 a month flat fee with a some % charge per use. I do show on the weekend the money hits my checking account on Tues. Works well.

bitshird

I have Square and I love it, I also have a swipe system from my regular card handler, I like the square better, Plus you can manually key in with square so you can take phone orders as well.

cwolfs69

i have both square and go-payment and have used both. the square seems a little easier to use that intuit. the money seems to get to my bank just a little quicker also.

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
As usual, the feedback is GREATLY appreciated. I did go ahead and sign up for Square and I hope it arrives before the end of the week.
Not saying I'll be tied to it, but for free it sounds like a good deal initially.

Thanks everyone!

KnB Polymers

We got the Square when we first started doing shows. It worked at maybe 2 of them because we never had 3G available.
I now use the Propay card reader ... just slide their card in it and at the end of the day you hook it up to your pc, sign in to propay acct and voila! It transfers them. You just have to put in the $ amount for each person and click process. I love it.
When my plant nursery opens back up in the spring, I'm even going to do away with the swiper in the office (ridiculously overpriced!) and I can process payments "in the field" instead of running back and forth all day. LOL!

Top Bottom