CRAZY QUESTION RGARDING FINE POINT SHARPIES

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Setting out to create labels and price tags only to find out the fine point sharpie would not write. I think the ink dried at the tip. I put it in the microwave oven for 5 seconds and ink was all over the place. so therefore I conclude there was ink inside, why did the point not deliver ink? Cap is always on tight.
Any ideas on how to make this pen work without my going to the store??? I have it soaking in hot water ow tinking it would break the tip loose and present some ink.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

I would think that if it was left for a long time or maybe a defect in the cap so it isn't airtight enough would cause the dry up. Sorry, but I laughed when you said you put it in the microwave. Instead of water, try a little alcohol on the tip to clean it up a bit.

Curt

PTsideshow

Acetone is the solvent of use in sharpies. You can try dipping the just the tip in acetone for a couple of seconds And that may get the ink following. They say that when storing them all ways store them with the cap pointed down In a cup or the like that way the ink is always in contact with material that is a carrier in the pen.
Problem is one never knows how long they have been laying around in the distributing chain and store.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I usually just dip the tip in warm water for a little while - they don't need to be uncovered very long for the tip to dry up.

Top Bottom