Cowardly Visitor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have a coward visiting Smitty's Pen Works .... How do I know it is a coward? This person sends 'General Inquiry" emails using fake names and fake email addresses. But, at least he is visiting the store....

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yes....I have a pretty good idea who it is, but I'm not exactly sure so won't mention the name....Actually I think there are 2 possibilities but one is more likely than the other.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Use Google Analytics to figure out where the traffic is coming from.
I don't care where it's coming from...if that the way that person gets their jollies let 'em have their fun. Delete works fine for those emails and trust me, I can tell which ones they are.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thanks Smitty! Not being part of the nonsense is an added benefit - which the vendors have to parse every day!

Many - including me, do not appreciate/acknowledge what our wonderful IAP Vendors deal with on an everyday basis.

Having an online business has many advantages and disadvantages... and we (the common folk) often do not appreciate/realize/acknowledge what "our" vendors go through to offer their products. I

Thank you all!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Me thinks Mark doth protest too much - I blame Mark James! :biggrin:

Yea... It's all my..fault..:tongue:

HOWEVER!!!! I do have sympathy with those who have online stores, etc...

And!!! I feel their pain (discomfort) for doing basic ... every-day business. I have MANY sympathies for their issues.

This is in no respect to a specific vendor - they ALL have the same issues.... which WE are often times ignorant of ...

To be continued... :)

jttheclockman

On NCIS Magee can trace the IP address and tell you who it is, where they are and if they are on line with a matter of a few key strokes. This not possible???:biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks Smitty! Not being part of the nonsense is an added benefit - which the vendors have to parse every day!

Many - including me, do not appreciate/acknowledge what our wonderful IAP Vendors deal with on an everyday basis.

Having an online business has many advantages and disadvantages... and we (the common folk) often do not appreciate/realize/acknowledge what "our" vendors go through to offer their products. I

Thank you all!
Thank you, I appreciate your comments.

jttheclockman

On NCIS Magee can trace the IP address and tell you who it is, where they are and if they are on line with a matter of a few key strokes. This not possible???:biggrin:

ALL is possible on NCIS! :)

I love that show but have to say it was better with Ziva kicking butt. Love the sound effects tapping of the keys then the bings it is on the big screen and couple clicks of the mouse and the next picture matches everything they are saying. Oh Hollywood.:biggrin:

ronaldcolby

I get 3 or 4 of these type of inquires a week about my "products?". They are nothing more than spam and scammers, especially if they don't mention a product and or have an attachement (malware in them). Best just delete and forget.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I get 3 or 4 of these type of inquires a week about my "products?". They are nothing more than spam and scammers, especially if they don't mention a product and or have an attachement (malware in them). Best just delete and forget.
Actually this one actually goes to the site, knows me, mentions other IAP Vendors by name, mentions specific products and sometimes includes a picture from my web site. I'm sure it is a member here or at least some one who frequents this place.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Cowardly and Stupid

The visitor proved today that he is not only a coward (which he might some day outgrow) but also incredibly stupid which he'll never be able to fix. He has shown that he has a reading comprehension disability. While trying to make a satirical comment regarding joining Smitty's Club he talked about Paying to join. Of course Smitty's club has been closed to new members except by invitation for quite some time and when given it has been free....

stonepecker

Who was it that first said: "You can't Fix Stupid"?

I believe it was Jesus.....he said ......"Forgive them Father, they know not what they have done." Or something to that affect. Smitty, if you can, just ignore them. They are a sad statement of the way people are today.

Everyone wants the answer NOW.
If you tell them it will take two weeks.......they want it in ten days.
Tell them the price and they always try to get you to lower it.
And forget it, if you are not going faster then the limit posted.......They are in a hurry.

Thankfully.........it is only one.

alphageek

Former Moderator
The visitor proved today that he is not only a coward (which he might some day outgrow) but also incredibly stupid which he'll never be able to fix. He has shown that he has a reading comprehension disability. While trying to make a satirical comment regarding joining Smitty's Club he talked about Paying to join. Of course Smitty's club has been closed to new members except by invitation for quite some time and when given it has been free....

Wow! Smitty I have to say that you thinking he might outgrow it is some really hopeful thinking. I know the type. Heck - for all I know, I might even know your tormentor. I'm glad that you don't seem to be letting it get to you. Keep the positive attitude and don't feed the troll!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
You Do know him Dean.

Wow! Smitty I have to say that you thinking he might outgrow it is some really hopeful thinking. I know the type. Heck - for all I know, I might even know your tormentor. I'm glad that you don't seem to be letting it get to you. Keep the positive attitude and don't feed the troll!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

We know who this person is. The same one who was banned a few days ago. He's been sending me threatening messages through the admin contact link, trying to register new accounts, and I believe is behind a couple of the latest attacks on our server. I don't think he's smart enough to do it himself, but you can hire out that dirty job. It is surprisingly cheap to cause a web site serious grief. He operates behind an anonymous web proxy, so it's impossible to block him.

There's a little bit of an interesting story here. In my attempts to get this person to stop being such a troll, I accepted his offer to make some Bash gifts. I thought if he got engaged with our activities, he might be more amenable to being a decent person. We agreed on coasters, which were to be made of some kind of solid surface material and CNC machined. On the same day as a post he made which was the ultimate cause for his banning, he informed me that he was not willing to make a coaster for a particular member for whom I had requested one, because he felt the member disrespected him.

Shortly after he informed me that he was not making the coasters, I banned him for completely unrelated reasons. He saved me the trouble of telling him I no longer was interested in coasters because I was banning him. He has decided that the reason he was banned was because he refused to make the coasters, which is not the case. So, daily for the last week I've gotten messages such as this:

Real mature. I refused to make coasters for you and you ban me?
Just don't use my design, it is copyrighted and I have the time/date stamped proof of when I presented the idea to you. I save everything!

You were hoping to get the coasters, and when you found out I wasn't doing them, your feelings got hurt and you banned me.

If I were still going to do the coasters, you wouldn't have banned me. Just a show of character, you use someone for personal gain. Of course, you probably would have banned me after you got what you wanted.

The "club" sticks together. Out of 21,000+ members, you have maybe 25-30 that actually post, and the same exact 10 that always post and stick together. Although it makes no difference what they post or their comments, just don't let another member do the same. And out of those 21,000 members, how many are padded (ghost members) that you have created? There are many that I've ran across. Must feel good to fake a membership number and only have 20 members that even care to post, and three are vendors that primarily post to promote their business.

Your community is fake.

You all know that banning someone is my last resort, and this is certainly a case when I waited too long. I apologize that I let this bad apple linger for longer than I should have!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Because I have been asked privately if the coward is Ed Street I will say this NO it is definitely not Ed Street. Ed and I have disagreed often enough but he has never tried to hide his identity or tried to impersonate someone else. Ed is up front with his opinions.

Rob

Got to love the trolls. It's a shame that some folks are just so miserable that they can't resist trying to make others miserable too. Oh well, been my experience that water (h20) eventually evaporates.

The earth is slow but the ox is patient. Your Zen saying of the day.

jttheclockman

Why does this not surprise me. The same distinct use of words were used in PM's to me. Banning him was not a loss it was a gain for the site. Something is wrong there with this person and I hope he gets help.

duncsuss

Must feel good to fake a membership number and only have 20 members that even care to post, and three are vendors that primarily post to promote their business.

I'm surprised you vendors haven't figured out it's a losing proposition spending all your time and energy promoting yourselves to all the fake members here.

Haven't you noticed you never get any business from this site?

:rolleyes:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Must feel good to fake a membership number and only have 20 members that even care to post, and three are vendors that primarily post to promote their business.
I'm surprised you vendors haven't figured out it's a losing proposition spending all your time and energy promoting yourselves to all the fake members here.

Haven't you noticed you never get any business from this site?

:rolleyes:
Just trying to get enough to cover those $750 blanks (Vendors buy things too).

The Penguin

We know who this person is. The same one who was banned a few days ago. He's been sending me threatening messages through the admin contact link, trying to register new accounts, and I believe is behind a couple of the latest attacks on our server. I don't think he's smart enough to do it himself, but you can hire out that dirty job. It is surprisingly cheap to cause a web site serious grief. He operates behind an anonymous web proxy, so it's impossible to block him.

There's a little bit of an interesting story here. In my attempts to get this person to stop being such a troll, I accepted his offer to make some Bash gifts. I thought if he got engaged with our activities, he might be more amenable to being a decent person. We agreed on coasters, which were to be made of some kind of solid surface material and CNC machined. On the same day as a post he made which was the ultimate cause for his banning, he informed me that he was not willing to make a coaster for a particular member for whom I had requested one, because he felt the member disrespected him.

Shortly after he informed me that he was not making the coasters, I banned him for completely unrelated reasons. He saved me the trouble of telling him I no longer was interested in coasters because I was banning him. He has decided that the reason he was banned was because he refused to make the coasters, which is not the case. So, daily for the last week I've gotten messages such as this:

Real mature. I refused to make coasters for you and you ban me?
Just don't use my design, it is copyrighted and I have the time/date stamped proof of when I presented the idea to you. I save everything!

You were hoping to get the coasters, and when you found out I wasn't doing them, your feelings got hurt and you banned me.

If I were still going to do the coasters, you wouldn't have banned me. Just a show of character, you use someone for personal gain. Of course, you probably would have banned me after you got what you wanted.

The "club" sticks together. Out of 21,000+ members, you have maybe 25-30 that actually post, and the same exact 10 that always post and stick together. Although it makes no difference what they post or their comments, just don't let another member do the same. And out of those 21,000 members, how many are padded (ghost members) that you have created? There are many that I've ran across. Must feel good to fake a membership number and only have 20 members that even care to post, and three are vendors that primarily post to promote their business.

Your community is fake.

You all know that banning someone is my last resort, and this is certainly a case when I waited too long. I apologize that I let this bad apple linger for longer than I should have!
I used to be a "super moderator" on a site like IAP...some days I miss all the drama...and most days...I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom