Corn cobs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodboys

I just got through reading 2 post and they reminded me of something I thought I would share. It has to do with corn cobs and daughters.
I took my kids to a steam engine show by springfield mo. one year and they had the old single engines display going on there and what they were used for like corn shelling. We walked by this older gentleman and he was holding three corncobs in his hands and stops my 16year old daughter. Now my daughter was a real prissy girl and I have no idea how I got her to come with us to this event. Anyway he holds these three corncobs out to her and says " back in the old days we use to take three cobs out to the outhouse 2 brown ones and a white one, do you know what for" She looked at him dumb founded holding onto the cobs when he says to her" you use the first brown one to clean with then you use the white one to see if you need the second brown one" No sooner then he said that she threw the cobs at him and ran to the car. Needless to say it was a quiet trip home. And no She never has gone to another tractor show with us since.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

iowacobb

brown cob pen

...Anyway he holds these three corncobs out to her and says " back in the old days we use to take three cobs out to the outhouse 2 brown ones and a white one, do you know what for" She looked at him dumb founded holding onto the cobs when he says to her" you use the first brown one to clean with then you use the white one to see if you need the second brown one" No sooner then he said that she threw the cobs at him and ran to the car. Needless to say it was a quiet trip home. And no She never has gone to another tractor show with us since.

I think someone needs a nice "Brown" corn cob pen as a gift:biggrin:. Great Story! It's hard for kids to know that someone is pulling their leg.

Tim

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That's funny right there ! It's tough growing up . I remember being out in the woods with my brother , cousin and my uncle , with 5 inches of snow on the ground . We went to cut up some firewood . While I was looking in another direction , my uncle dumped the old gas out of the chainsaw , on the white snow . As I turned around , I noticed the yellow on the snow , and made some sort of remark . Without hesitation , my uncle replies " That's possum **** ! Have you ever seen possum **** burn ? " He took out his lighter and in my amazement , I watched it burn . It was MONTHS , before I found out the truth ! :redface:

How those old farts take advantage of young minds . I would NEVER do that ! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the story about the cobs . That was great !

Splinter

Why do you think the old man was "pulling the girls leg". I remember our outhouse and the corn cobs and Sears & Roebuck catalogs very well. Sure do like that soft white stuff that is rolled on those little brown paper tubes better that we use now.

Why do you think the old man was "pulling the girls leg". I remember our outhouse and the corn cobs and Sears & Roebuck catalogs very well. Sure do like that soft white stuff that is rolled on those little brown paper tubes better that we use now.

As I remember those Sears & Roebuck pages were so slick, they didn't do much good and the Cobs were scratchy. The corn shucks worked much better.

Top Bottom