Cool pen stuff in Oakland/San Francisco?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

K-9 Man

I never thought to ask this type of question but I want to tag on to this and ask, are there any cool pen stuff to see in Boston? I will be out there next week. Thanks
Ernie

monophoto

I will be in Oakland/San Francisco for a little bit. Is there any cool pen related places I should visit?

Our son has been living in that area for a number of years so we have had an excuse to visit.

San Francisco is not an especially pen-centric town - there really isn't even a good pen shop.

But as a penmaker, there are some interesting local woods that you might look for - eucalyptus, redwood, madrone, myrtle, etc. And if you get up into wine country (about two hours north of the city), you might be able to snag some used wine barrel oak. That is, if you can tear yourself away from tasting - - -

Several years ago, I got into a discussion with a guy selling craft-made soaps at a farmer's market. He also made wooden soap dishes and had a lot of good things to say about MacBeath Hardwoods in Berkeley.

stuckinohio

I will be in Oakland/San Francisco for a little bit. Is there any cool pen related places I should visit?

Our son has been living in that area for a number of years so we have had an excuse to visit.

San Francisco is not an especially pen-centric town - there really isn't even a good pen shop.

But as a penmaker, there are some interesting local woods that you might look for - eucalyptus, redwood, madrone, myrtle, etc. And if you get up into wine country (about two hours north of the city), you might be able to snag some used wine barrel oak. That is, if you can tear yourself away from tasting - - -

Several years ago, I got into a discussion with a guy selling craft-made soaps at a farmer's market. He also made wooden soap dishes and had a lot of good things to say about MacBeath Hardwoods in Berkeley.

Perfect, thank you!

Top Bottom