Contacting a vender

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

This is more hypothetical.

What is your level of contacting a vender with an issue from an order? Or even at a box store.

I have received a pen kit missing a spring (a couple times). Either they fell out of the package or someone in the store needed it more than I did....

Ink refill being "dry"

No I am not having any troubles with any vender/store. Just thinking there are some that "dropped" the blank down a well, and the vender gets the "I can't believe they won't send a replacement". Sort of thing. I almost wish the venders would tell the crazy customer stories....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gbpens

I have contacted several major vendors and all have stood behind their merchandise. They will give friendly and courteous service. (Woodcraft, Pennstate and Craft Supply USA). Smaller vendors here on the IAP are even better in terms of standing behind their products. Just remember we all make mistakes and things happen.

SJScher

I have gone back to the local WoodCraft store and they very calmly handed me a new kit when I showed them the one missing a part. And have called PSI on a problem which they immediately corrected for me.

JimB

I contact the vendor if there is a problem if it means I can't use what I ordered regardless of how small the issue is. If it was a single dry refill and I have extras I wouldn't contact them. If it's a missing part and I don't have a spare I contact them. I've only had to do it a couple times and the vendors have always immediately offered to replace the item.

gtriever

Actually it depends. If it's an expensive item or a high end pen kit, I contact them. If it's a middle of the road pen kit, and I make a lot of that model, I may just use the "bad" kit for spare parts.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I think all vendors expect to provide you with a FULL kit of quality parts. Unfortunately, some ziplock bags seem to leak parts, from time to time. It is certainly our job to replace those parts, but I wish there were some "downside ramifications" for the manufacturers when "crappy" parts are included in the ziplock--this is a lack of manufacturing quality control. Again, we certainly will replace them for our customers--just gives us a black eye!

As we get more products manufactured for us, I hope to be better able to control these factors--we'll see!!

edicehouse

I have gone to woodcraft and gotten one of their more expensive kits, and when I got home, some parts were wrong, of course they swapped it out. I have gone in and asked if they had any springs for the ink, because 2 out of 5 bags were missing (was willing to buy replacements)

duncsuss

When I sell a pen, I tell the buyer that I stand behind it 100% and I'll repair or replace it no matter how it happened.

All the vendors I've purchased from have given me the same level of service when I've had problems -- some have gone even further, sending me a handful of spare parts at no cost when I lost one into the hungry jaws of the dust collector. I didn't expect it, but I most assuredly appreciate it.

Chasper

I never contact vendors about missing parts or any other problems. If it is missing a part is it probably because i dropped it when I was opening the package. I have lots of spare parts around.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I never contact vendors about missing parts or any other problems. If it is missing a part is it probably because i dropped it when I was opening the package. I have lots of spare parts around.

I had this same attitude, Gerry! But then when you sell lots of pens retail, you buy pen kits in the hundreds. So, I always figured I got about 20 free for every 100 I bought, since I got a quantity discount--I used the parts from the "free" ones!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

CREID

I don't buy as many kits as some people on here, so I have never come up with a piece missing. But I have had pieces that had defects and If I didn't have a replacement I contacted the vendor and they sent me one. One time I called Penn State and told them I was not looking for a replacement but just clarification on the instructions (sometimes I can be a little dense :) ) and next thing ya know a package shows up in the mail with a new kit.

DennisM

Ive never had to contact a vendor, but id think that all of them here are top notch. I will this weekend though as I have a bad transmission in a diplomat kit, (ill just let them know, ill keep the rest of the parts as spares... :)

Top Bottom