Clints pen Blanks from Ebay?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark4583

Any one buy from Clints pen blanks on Ebay? Has some interesting looking wood and was considering getting a handfull to see how they are.
I sent him a Email asking a few questions but he hasnt returned it yet makeing me a little more hesitant to purchase from him.
If anyone had, let me know what the wood was like.
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

Check his feedback. Look for shipping comments, comments about the wood, etc. He sells a buttload of wood. Havent bought from him, but have heard good things.

cd18524

I have bought from him. He doesn't seem to respond much to questions and doesn't seem to leave feedback, but he ships quickly and the wood is truly nice.

chris

dfurlano

I have and was not happy with the quality. Be aware these are freshly cut blanks (fully waxed and wrapped in plastic) and from what I have received cut close to the center of the tree. I had one set look like a pretzel in a month and ended up throwing them out.

mrcook4570

I have bought from him before. The pictures looked better than the lot I bought. Some of the figure was on the surface only. Shipping was very fast.

sptfr43

I bought one of his 120 blank lots and it was the worst thing I ever did. I may have gotten 20 blanks that I will use and the rest went back in the box and in the rafters.that was a year ago and I'm still trying to get the snot off that they were came covered in.[:(]

M

Mudder

I have bought hundreds of blanks from Clint. had only one problem with his stuff and with a quick email he made good on it ten times over. He always gives me tons of "freebies" and some of those have been better that the wood I purchased. He has a no questions asked return policy and I would not hesitate to buy from him.

Scott

The blanks I have bought from him were exactly as described, and were shipped promptly. What more do you want?

Ahh yes, a recommendation. The blanks I bought were beautiful, but I was also charged what I consider a premium price, for premium blanks. If you're looking for a bargain, you probably need to look elsewhere. But as long as you are realistic about what you are ordering from him, you will probably not be disappointed.

Scott.

huntersilver

I purchased some blanks from him, they were not dry, and the figure
did not appear to be what was posted. I set them aside and have not
been able to use them. IMHO there are others on ebay with better quality/price.

pssherman

I have bought over 100 blanks from Clint and the wood is beautiful. It did arrive covered in waxy gunk and wrapped in plastic to maintain a stable moisture content. He states that if you leave them this way for awhile you may get a free spalt upgrade. One nice thing about the blanks is that they are almost always bookmatched. So if you wanted to do a pen/pencil set they would be perfectly matched. I expect I will be getting more from him someday.

Paul in AR

TheHeretic

bought from him a few times and have never been dissapointed. They are fresh, but you can use them after a while. I have only had one that has twiseted to the point I couldnt use it.

Dean
Columbus OH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom