Click pen that uses Sierra tube?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Hello; Are there any CLICK pens that use a standard length and diameter Sierra tube? The "button click Sierra" uses a longer length tube and can't be shortened :frown:, but I have some embedded blanks I got here from Mike (MrKugelschreiber). The blanks came out well , but a friend wants a click style pen. They work in the medical field and need a "one-handed" pen.

Mike; I'll post one of the pens later today.
Remember the reason for the Season. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Off to church now!

RKB

Hi Randy, I believe the Sierra Elegant could be used, it is shorter than std sierra. You may be able to trim/sand down the tube length, if it's possible to do so without damaging the look of your blank. Good luck.

Rod

magpens

The tube lengths used by the several Sierras is a real dog's breakfast.

The best way to sort this out for yourself is to check on the BearToothWoods.com website. . Ernie has made a point of trying to clarify the variety of tube lengths used in the several Sierra pen kits

Compare the tube lengths used by the Sierra (not click), the Sierra Elegant Beauty Click, and the Elegant Sierra Click .... the names are confusing but I think I have got them right.

You may be able to find a click that takes the same length tube as the Sierra, or you may find a kit that takes close to the same length and you can cut down your special blank by a mm or two.

I know that the Sierra Click uses a tube that is longer than for the Sierra.
But I have found that the Kallenshaan inlay blanks sized for Sierra do indeed fit the Sierra Click quite nicely with a little to spare.

So if you can find a Kallenshaan inlay blank that suits your purpose then you can use it on the Sierra Click (which is the longest of the several Sierras).

I have used a large number of the Kallenshaan blanks on Sierra Click pen kits.

Hope this helps a little.

Last edited:
Top Bottom