class action settlement? - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Got my notice today. On the one hand, they're not entirely wrong - they're always advertising some "$100" item for $25. But everybody know it isn't actually a $100 item.

The time I'd spend trying to file a claim vs the couple bucks I might get would make for a very poor return rate.
cjester is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-18-2017, 10:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 49

I actually fell for that Buy One Get One for additional shipping and handling and the shipping and handling were almost as much as the cost of the item.
eharri446 is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-19-2017, 09:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member Liaison

Photos: 46

I got mine today, and there are three ways one can join the C/A suit. One is if you have the receipts.

Going back to 2014, I had receipts emailed to me and have them in my "tools" mailbox. I just might use this.

If you receive an email, and don't have receipts, one can join in a C/A suit and get a $10.00 gift card for HF.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
leehljp is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member Liaison

Photos: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by leehljp View Post
I got mine today, and there are three ways one can join the C/A suit. One is if you have the receipts.

Going back to 2014, I had receipts emailed to me and have them in my "tools" mailbox. I just might use this.

If you receive an email, and don't have receipts, one can join in a C/A suit and get a $10.00 gift card for HF.
I just checked my emailed receipts that match the part 1 of the suit and I can get a $70.00 card for use at HF! I think I will do that. I need a new pressure pot.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
leehljp is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-19-2017, 03:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

Photos: 68

Quote:
Quote:

I just checked my emailed receipts that match the part 1 of the suit and I can get a $70.00 card for use at HF! I think I will do that. I need a new pressure pot.

Now you did it Hank. You are now going to upset the pressure pot people and get the lecture on the dangers of HF pots.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Photos: 12

I received the email today...and noticed that the want you to have your itemized receipts showing what you purchased or file a sworn affidavit about what you purchased. Most of what I purchased was small things like nitrile gloves...and I don't have the receipts handy (and I'm not going to spend the effort to find them for what I know is a small amount of spending there). Looks like email receipts would've been the way to go!
TimS124 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-20-2017, 12:09 AM   #17 (permalink)

Photos: 7

OK . .. I did a lot of checking and adding up of things ...

I still need to go through and remove the price savings of the "freebie" items I've snagged over the past few years, but currently the total amount listed says that "You've Saved $651" ... and 30% of that is just under 200 dollars .... I could literally run on down to Harbor Freight and get their tabletop midi lathe... Especially if I am patient enough to wait for a 25% off coupon, which should be coming up fairly soon .... as I recall, I got one for memorial day before. :)

(either that or I could grab a lifetime supply of superglue??)

Attendance is not mandatory, unless you're addicted to turning pens.
Skie_M is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-20-2017, 01:40 AM   #18 (permalink)

Photos: 7

If you haven't gotten a notice, you can still voluntarily go through the site handling the case and get a case number assigned to you ...

The qualifying receipts are ones that have the statement "You Saved $xx.xx" at the bottom just below the totals ... but you have to subtract out the "full value" of any item you got using a "free purchase" type of coupon in the transaction...

For example, the blue tarps may retail at $2.99 at their normal "sale" price, but the "compared to" price is what is being reflected as part of your savings, so you have to subtract the $6.99 for the "full value" of the item you got for free. (I got a bunch of these, plus free batteries, free flashlights, ect ....)

I just finished checking through my receipts again, looks like the number is down to $578.88 for my total qualifying savings ... I'll run the numbers one more time to double check. So far, my HFT gift card should have a returned value of $173.66. :)

Attendance is not mandatory, unless you're addicted to turning pens.
Skie_M is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads