Christmas Tree

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

I was watching the morning news (Morning America 4am) and they reported a story about a female customer who returned a live Christmas Tree to a Costco that she had bought for Christmas. She was returning it because it had died. I find that incredible but even more incredible is that Costco issued her a refund. The reporters kind of blew it off but it kind of irks me. We are the one's who absorb this refund through higher prices.

Seven

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I wonder if the tree died because it caught a cold... It has been said to put cough drops in the water so the tree does not get sick and cough it's balls off.

"We are the one's who absorb this refund through higher prices"....... yep...the deepest pockets pay the bills.

Last edited:

turncrazy43

That customer is either the dumbest person on the planet or pretty shrewd. Either way the rest of us customers pay the price for the stores return policy. What a world!
Turncrazy43

Herb G

I saw the same story. What she doesn't realize is that her info went into a database that keeps tabs on people like her.
I know for a fact that Target has a return / refund black list that you get put on when you abuse the return policy.

I took my Mom shopping at Macy's one year for Christmas. I was buying her a new winter coat. Anyway, this woman tried to return an obviously worn dress for a refund. The clerk wouldn't refund her money because it had been worn.
You should have seen the look on the woman's face.

:tongue:

KBs Pensnmore

My Exwife used to work in a large department store in Australia. They had a customer that wanted to return some items of underwear that his wife had purchased, and since died. The garments were still in the correct packaging along with the receipt. This was in the year 2004, the receipt was dated in 1985!!! She wouldn't return the items because they were very old, but one of the managers overrode her because he wnted to have a laugh at the next staff meeting!!!

MRDucks2

My wife was once the produce manager at a grocery store. One of the local restraunts would come in and buy all the vegetables they though they would need over the next week and return what they didn't use at the end of the week. Wife notified the owners these people were abusing the return policy but was not allowed to stop the returns until she finally showed them the associated cost each month.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Bikerdad

I was watching the morning news (Morning America 4am) and they reported a story about a female customer who returned a live Christmas Tree to a Costco that she had bought for Christmas. She was returning it because it had died. I find that incredible but even more incredible is that Costco issued her a refund. The reporters kind of blew it off but it kind of irks me. We are the one's who absorb this refund through higher prices.

Seven

yet... look at the amount of publicity Costco is getting as a result.

Herb G

Maybe this is why they are closing 63 Sam's Clubs. Too many returns?
I posted this on another forum, but I'll do it here too.

They closed 5 Sam's Club stores around me 3-4 years ago because of employee theft. They were stealing more than they were selling.
So, 300 people no longer have jobs, but they all have 65" TV's & new leather jackets. These were mostly in ghetto areas.

Serves them right.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom