Christmas Presents for the Shop !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe62

My first post. Hello, by the way and Merry Christmas to all. I try to get a tool each Christmas that I think I'd like to have and since PSI was gracious to send me the how to video on pen making. I ordered just about every thing(Jet lathe, pen press, blank vice, the cheapest blanks and kits 15 sets-I plan on making alot of mistakes. Sand paper, various polishes and sandpaper.) Found this forum, read so much I felt I passed the beginner stage and ordered from another company come cigar pen kits, sample blanks from all over the world, some ca glue. went to Lowes and bought BLO, a can of deft, and various other finishing items.) Then told my wife to wrap them as they came in so as I'd be surprised when we open gifts. So for a week and a half there lay under and around the tree several boxes and a very large box. Being one not to pick up a gift and shake it, I thought everything was there. Yesterday, unwrapping gifts saving the biggest for last, was the PSI box. Every thing there but no lathe. asked the wife, wheres the lathe? She said,m It's not there? Duh! NO! It's not here. She hands me an unopen letter from PSI, lathe on back order 01/20/2006. So me and the kids had fun Drilling and glueing blanks. We'll be ready then.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

Mannie, love that sign! Obviously they must understand the rules of the shop! [;)] That's about the coolst thing I have seen on here, although Ol' Griz's t-shirt is a close second [8D]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />
Originally posted by wayneis
<br />My Son got me a Coffee Press, a thermos that looks like wood grain and a Starbucks travel mug so that I can have my coffee in style while I'm in my shop. Coooool.

Wayne

Why wood you want to press coffee? [?] I drink mine. [:p]

A coffee press makes those high falootin cups of coffee.

http://www.coffeegeek.com/guides/presspot

Ron Mc

Anthony,
For crying out load! Find a local woodcrafts store and go pick one up. Absolutely no reason to wait until late January. I wouldn't. BTW. What was in the very large box?[;)]

Murphy

I got a new Henry Taylor 1/2" spindle gouge, a new Lee Valley apron, $25 Lee Valley gift cerificate, an electric branding iron, and I gave my husband a new Ridgid 18 volt cordless drill which he thinks is for him. [}:)]
By the way Jim, I gave both of my sons a laminated celtic cross pen and they think I am the smartest person around. Forgive me if I don't correct them.[:D]

Texas Taco

Originally posted by Kemosabe62
<br />My first post. Hello, by the way and Merry Christmas to all. I try to get a tool each Christmas that I think I'd like to have and since PSI was gracious to send me the how to video on pen making. I ordered just about every thing(Jet lathe, pen press, blank vice, the cheapest blanks and kits 15 sets-I plan on making alot of mistakes. Sand paper, various polishes and sandpaper.) Found this forum, read so much I felt I passed the beginner stage and ordered from another company come cigar pen kits, sample blanks from all over the world, some ca glue. went to Lowes and bought BLO, a can of deft, and various other finishing items.) Then told my wife to wrap them as they came in so as I'd be surprised when we open gifts. So for a week and a half there lay under and around the tree several boxes and a very large box. Being one not to pick up a gift and shake it, I thought everything was there. Yesterday, unwrapping gifts saving the biggest for last, was the PSI box. Every thing there but no lathe. asked the wife, wheres the lathe? She said,m It's not there? Duh! NO! It's not here. She hands me an unopen letter from PSI, lathe on back order 01/20/2006. So me and the kids had fun Drilling and glueing blanks. We'll be ready then.

Now that's how to ALMOST insure you get what you want. Like Ron said, find one local, don't wait. Oh yea, WELCOME to the group![8D]

Texas Taco

A padded stool, 220 piece Dremel Tool accessory pack, 10 FP kits, Rex and Kips DVD volume two and a PSI Polisher System.............Now need some time to go out to the shop, will be missing some days off due year-end shift schedule changes. Got to hurry up because my sons race season starts in 3 1/2 weeks.

Almost forgot the new barrel trimmer, 10mm drill bit and a new set of bushings for the FP's.

Glenmore

I got my four best things early this year well I bought the first one myself [:I] the second was a oil filled electric heater from the wife [;)] in which I instisted on having. The third was my new and first lathe from my brother [:0] didn't expect that one in a millon years. The forth was given to me last week a whole log truck that's right 25 tons of lumber maple, oak, and hickory all mine for the price of a wooden cane that made him for a gift for helping me out this year. Like they say in the commercials priceless.[:D]

Texas Taco

Originally posted by Glenmore
<br /> the second was a oil filled electric heater from the wife [;)] in which I instisted on having. [:D]
[?]

Thank God I don't have to have one of those. How can anyone survive in temps below 45 that last for more than a few hours...........brrrr[:D]

Kemosabe62

Fellas' I'm patient. Besides there's not a specialized store that I know of close to me. The big box, was all the PSI stuff, less the lathe and alot of brown paper packing. Besides I have alot of post Katrina repairs and clean up. Although not as much as some folks have to do and more than others. If I did get the lathe. I feel some of that work wouldn't get done. Thanks for the welcome!

nilsatcraft

I didn't get any shop stuff this year. My wife bought me a 1000 watt 6.1 surround sound system with 5 disc DVD changer. I was pretty darn excited! My parents and I got her an iPod Nano, so she was pretty excited too. The kids had the most fun, though and that was the funnest part of it all. [:I]

punkinn

I did get a few turning goodies; a woodturners' coat (which I like a lot), a new mandrel and what I like for a pen clamp, my very own Bessey!

20051227184011_uni.jpg
<br />

I'm thinkin that the BF (boyfriend) wanted to keep his spensive K-Body Besseys to himself. hee hee I love using this for assembly though; so precise.

Happy Holidays to everybody! [:)]
Nancy

Scott

Originally posted by punkinn
<br />I did get a few turning goodies; a woodturners' coat (which I like a lot), a new mandrel and what I like for a pen clamp, my very own Bessey!

20051227184011_uni.jpg
<br />

Hi Nancy!

I agree with you! I just love using my Bessy for pen assembly! My Wife bought me a nice new 12" one for Christmas this year so I wouldn't have to use the long one anymore. Have fun!

Scott.

dubdrvrkev

I just got in from out of town to find my friend Mike (Vick) has rescued my gift from the porch. It is the new model of the "Monster Lathe Tool Deluxe" http://www.monster-wood-tool.com/wst_page4.php .
Now, is it wrong to have tools that are bigger than your lathe? This thing is sweet, I can't wait to have a lathe that will utilize its potential. (Is it here yet?)

esheffield

Didn't really get much in the way of tools this year. My FIL gave me a set of Forstner bits, and my uncle and aunt gave me one of those super high-powered hand-held spotlight things. My big thing this year was the new PC I built a few weeks ago, and a long weekend in a rental cabin in Pigeon Forge, TN for us and my wife's family. We lost my MIL suddenly just before Christmas last so this was to try and take everyone's mind off of it. So on Christmas day we just exchange a couple of small things. I gave her a pay-as-you-go cell phone (contrary to stereotypes, she does NOT like talking on the phone much so paying for a bunch of minutes every month would be a waste) and she game me the Playstation 2 game "Destroy All Humans". [:D] It's a blast, but not for little kids. Have to play it after the kids are asleep. [;)] Overall a great day though.

We did not exchange gifts this year. We decided that our trip to MI was all we could do. We also asked the kids (all 3 of them) to not get us anything cause we have all anyone could want and they need to save their money. We had a wonderful time with our daughter and family in MI and are back in time to spend the new year with our 2 sons here. What more could anyone ask?! I have a suspicion that there is a slow speed grinder and wolverine set-up waiting for my birthday next Wednesday though![}:)][:D][:D] It's the really big birthday(65) and I was told it is something special![:D] Glad to hear you all had a wonderful Christmas also.

ryannmphs

I got a new 6" tool rest for my Delta 1440 and a MT alignment tool (MT2 to MT2) to check the alignment of my HS & TS. I also got a new Craftsman Skill Saw (my old B&D had a bad bearing and the switch was going out). Those were from my parents. From my wife/daughter I got a woodburning kit and a Ryobi laser level kit [:D]

Ryan

Probie

Being alive and recovering from a reimplantation of the right index finger was a good start to a merry christmas. An accident with the table saw in mid Sept took my index finger, which they put back together, and another cut to the bone and tendon to the middle finger. In Oct I got a Jet 13" planer/molder as an Xmas gift. Also a DC unit from Delta, over 2000 CFM!!!. Lots of gift certificates and a Delta 12" disc sander. Time spent with family and friends was of course the best gift. Now we are looking at building onto the house a 20 x 20 2 story add on for a new shop. Wow has this year been expensive....but still worth it.
I'm thinking the planer has its eye on taking my whole arm!!! Now let's all repeat.... shop safety 3 times and use those push sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom