Christmas Presents for the Shop !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

So....where are all the good tool gloats for the new shop presents this year ??

I don't have any, as we did not exchange gifts within the family this year. We did something else.

So I am counting my new Legacy Mill & Nova 3000 I allready bought as early presents to myself[:p]

So what did you get ????????????

its_virgil

Socks[:(!]

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />So....where are all the good tool gloats for the new shop presents this year ??

I don't have any, as we did not exchange gifts within the family this year. We did something else.

So I am counting my new Legacy Mill & Nova 3000 I allready bought as early presents to myself[:p]

So what did you get ????????????

HuskyDriver

Got me a Wolverine grinding jig and a pen press. Now I'll get really good edges on my tools. Hope all had a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Greg

lkorn

When I get home from this extended business trip to Charleston I'll have ny new lathe from Johnny's pen contest, AND I'm ordering a new Grizzly G0555 bandsaw with the riser block. Then I have torearrange my shop in order to fit it all in[:D] Oh the trials we suffer[}:)]

How a bout a new cooking range with a convection oven? I even got to install it myself! It was allot of fun cutting the counter top to make it fit!![:D][:(][:D]

M

Mudder

I received a Lie-Nielsen low angle jack plane:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?DeptID=2118&FamilyID=573

A Nova Live center:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5198

A beaver hollowing tool:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4596

A Captive ring tool:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=1800

3 assorted pieces of exotic wood bowl blanks,

But most importantly, I beautiful morning with my wife and son.

Merry Christmas to all.

wayneis

My Son got me a Coffee Press, a thermos that looks like wood grain and a Starbucks travel mug so that I can have my coffee in style while I'm in my shop. Coooool.

Wayne

micah

So far I've gotten a 16" drill press and a Lithium cordless dremel.
Probably be getting a new grinder and bandsaw tomorrow!
Merry Christmas!!!!!

xmasdeer6xc.png

M

Mudder

Oh yea,

I also got a set of Sorby Stebcenters (1 for headstock & 1 revolving):

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5082

It's a good year for me [:D]

Dario

LOML told me to buy a Jet mini VS and did set aside the money for it...but I am holding up for now...planning on using the money on somethjing else (temporarily [:D][}:)])

Hope she won't kill me.[V][B)]

PenWorks

Originally posted by penhead
<br />Got a new Grizzly G0444Z tablesaw [:)][:p][:)]
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.aspx?itemnumber=G0444Z

Merry Christmas to all..!

Right / left or do you go both ways [:D]

From my folks I got the wolverine jig and the slow speed grinder - and my girlfriend MADE (yes MADE) a workbench. I have not seen it yet, but I'll be sure to get pictures posted when I see it. From what I hear it's beautiful!

Merry Christmas, all!
Bill

PenWorks

Originally posted by woodman928
<br /><b></b>I got a lump of COAL [}:)][:(!][V] [:(]

Finally somebody telling the truth about how good he was this year [:D] I can't believe you guys with all the nice gifts were that good! & Mudder, I was surprised there was anything left at Woodcraft to BUY [:D]

Virgil, are those socks for keeping your turning tools warm & fuzzy ??

Scott

I got a Sorby angled box scraper, a Dewalt drywall screwgun, and a 12" Bessy K-body clamp. I have been using a Bessy K-body for pressing my pens together since I first started turning pens, but the shortest I had was about 30". This shorter one will be real nice for assembling pens now! What a nice Christmas day!

Scott.

its_virgil

Scott did make the haul, didn't he? Socks were just to have something to say. Our family opens gifts tonight. My wife and I got a treadmill as our gift to ourselves. I'll report more later, but I don't expect any tools.

John S. IF I turn a couple of boxes will you thread them Turesday evening.[:D] That is really a nice gift. Tell CJ she did a good job!

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Easysport

I must have been real bad. I got a bad case of the FLU.[:(] I haven't been to the shop in a few days, but I expect there will be a new disk sander somewhere.[:D] Hope you all had a happy and healthly Christmas.[8D]

melogic

I got a remote starter for my Pickup Truck. I'm thinking this will be good in the winter to warm the truck and also in the summer to cool it before getting in. I'm really excited about this and can't wait to install it. I also got a few shirts and other things as well.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
One way definately and for sure..and to the right [8D]

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Originally posted by penhead
<br />Got a new Grizzly G0444Z tablesaw [:)][:p][:)]
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.aspx?itemnumber=G0444Z

Merry Christmas to all..!

Right / left or do you go both ways [:D]

Ron Mc

My boys got me some commercial grade floor matting for the shop that piece together so I have 9' of it to rest my tender feet, legs, back, and neck as I play with pen stuff. My nephew got me a box of wood pen blanks from curly woods.
I guess I was a good boy this year![;)][:D][;)]

woodwish

First and formost, I got to spend the morning with my wife, daughters, and daughters friends until all the wrapping was gone, Bloody Mary's consumed, big breakfast gone, and eveyone took off for other locations to eat lunch. Tonight we all gathered again for Christmas dinner with all the family and some nieghbors. For the shop I got the Souix angle drill and the variety asst. for woodturners from Klingspor that I hinted about for years. Also got a new 2-gun gravity feed spray set, to supplememt my usual siphon gun sets that I usally use. Neither gift is all the useful for pens but sure will be useful for other projects from the lathe.

its_virgil

A friend of mine got one of those romote starters and his truck a few years ack. It would start up when his neighbors used various remote controls in their homes....garage door openers, TV remotes, cell phones, etc. Maybe the mfgs have them refined by now. Hope it works out for you.

My big haul today was a box of shop towels and a few rolls of elec tape. I don't even use electrical tape....I live in a new home....gotta love my brohter in law but he is a lousey gifter.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by melogic
<br />I got a remote starter for my Pickup Truck. I'm thinking this will be good in the winter to warm the truck and also in the summer to cool it before getting in. I'm really excited about this and can't wait to install it. I also got a few shirts and other things as well.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The best Christmas present I got was being able to watch the joy in my little girl's eyes another year as she opened the presents...
Then she made a big event out of going under the tree to dig out the presents for my wife and myself...
I got a black tshirt that says "BIG PEOPLE are harder to kidnap" .. now if you have not met me, you don't know how appropriate that shirt is.. [:p][:p] and of course the obligatory packages of new undies... and a note attached to the tshirt package stating not for use in the shop...

Ron Mc

Don,
Bring the tape to bubasville tomorrow and I'll trade you something for it.[:D]

HuskyDriver

Originally posted by melogic
<br />I got a remote starter for my Pickup Truck. I'm thinking this will be good in the winter to warm the truck and also in the summer to cool it before getting in. I'm really excited about this and can't wait to install it. I also got a few shirts and other things as well.

Got me one of those installed last fall. Had it installed by a shop. Heard that the install was way to involved for me. Hope it works out for you. Its the best mod. I've ever added to my truck. Its great walking out to a nice warm truck in the morning.

Merry Christmas all!

Greg

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
My daughter and SIL gave me this sign for my shop

20051226143515_Sign.jpg

and 50 30-06 cartridges.
My son had watch on the CG cutter til 10 AM christmas day. We'll have another Christmas thursday night when he and his fiancé get here from Mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom