Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtparso

I am jealous all I ever get to eat is turkey? On a serious note IMHO People trying to limit others expression are robbing everyone in the same way that in early communism the redistribution of wealth was intended to make everyone even, but only made everyone pour (accept for those that were redistributing). I believe diversity means we celebrate our uniqueness (any invitations to feasts will be gladly accepted). If you look at history the cultures that adapted with others cultures flourished and the cultures that rejected change did not prosper. Does that mean that I have to quit going to church? NO (but I accept all invitations to feasts). Everyone that I work with and many on this site know that I am a Christian, that I try my best to base my beliefs on the Bible, and try to live my life by my convictions. So Merry Christmas and may God bless you (did I mention that if you invite me to a feast I will come). BTW while I accept Jeff’s decision to lock the post I found the original post more a reminder to concentrate on something other then the material and more on the spiritual. BTW I have encouraged people at work to display and celebrate their unique holidays in the workplace. So far no problems. Saint Pats and Cinco de Mayo must be an off site calibration.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Jeff(Yaakov),

Thanks for the recipe. I printed it out and look forward to trying it. The zucchini variation really sounds good to me.

Thanks, and Happy Everything!

Spelling edit since I complain about spelling all the time! [:I]

Thumbs

Ron, I'm sorry I'm getting sick of the "diversity" word! I think it has begun to tear our society apart instead of welding various subcultures together through "understanding". I think we should be celebrating our "unity" instead of our "diversity."

Ron Mc

I agree that diversity means that we are all different but why am I not allowed to celebrate my holiday and say what I want during Christmas without worrying about someone being offended? Why is it that I have to worry about it so much but GOD forbid I become offended by someone else's actions? Gosh...I hate to offend anyone because I became offended![;)]
Bryan Jon, You better keep your eye on the "Show your Pens" thread because my pen won't be there for long![:D]

Woodbutcher68

Originally posted by Thumbs
<br />Ron, I'm sorry I'm getting sick of the "diversity" word! I think it has begun to tear our society apart instead of welding various subcultures together through "understanding". I think we should be celebrating our "unity" instead of our "diversity."

I agree, Thumbs!
In eighth grade in a Catholic school, we studied other religions and even attended services at various churches, temples and synagogues in the area. It helped us understand the similarities and differences in religions and beliefs. After all, where did the Old Testament in the Christian Bible come from and what about the similarities in the Koran?
In my opinion, all believers, no matter what faith, are worshipping God. We are all heading for the same destination, just using different routes.

wayneis

Also, I notice that you never answered my question, so I'll pose it again:

Are you suggesting that we should all speak our mind all the time, without fear of offending someone?
[/quote]

I believe that his history here speaks volumes to your question. He's never feared offending anyone and least of all Jeff who owns this site that we all visit. In fact many times he goes out of his way to offend in my opinion.

Wayne

rtparso

Unity vs. Diversity
Unluckily the meanings of words has gotten twisted. In my understanding of the words unity means we all are the same. Diversity means we accept our differences. I am a Christian I will never be in unity with someone of another faith or even people of my own faith. I have my beliefs that I hold strong and they (I hope feel the same). I don’t have to agree only respect or accept that God also gave them a free will. Some day we will stand before God (an almost universal belief) and he will let us know who is right (he is) until then when I have an opportunity I will let people know what I believe and why I believe what I believe. I will listen to someone else’s beliefs and why they believe. But in the end we won’t be in unity because we still have our own beliefs. If you would like to discuss this further I recommend that we e-mail each other.

JimGo

Well said Ron. So, where's the feast? Anywhere but Mike's...I don't know that I'm in the mood for BBQ Canadian squirrel this time of year; too stringy!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Never had it Ron. Does it taste like chicken?

Actually many years ago Jim I tasted marinated armadillo cooked with rice. As I remember it was rather stringy and chewey. Give me good old frog legs anytime. [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom