Chinglish Battery Charger

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

I love those! One would think that it wouldn't be all that expensive for a Chinese company to have someone actually translate their instructions into proper English.

SteveG

Are this was were being to elucidate charger peoples or to was being inserted by desiring to write rightest for essay of competitive word thing?:foot-in-mouth:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I love those! One would think that it wouldn't be all that expensive for a Chinese company to have someone actually translate their instructions into proper English.

If they translated it into proper English, then Americans still wouldn't be able to understand it.....:biggrin:

Besides, what real man doesn't just chuck out instructions with the wrapping? :tongue:

Skie_M

If they translated it into proper English, then Americans still wouldn't be able to understand it.....:biggrin:

Besides, what real man doesn't just chuck out instructions with the wrapping? :tongue:

I get great entertainment out of imagining someone speaking the following in an English accent ...

I do say, there, young man, that thou art a scurrilous knave in dire need of proper education!

For the first part, thou shalt place the battery into the charger with proper respect to polarity, whence the negative and positive terminals of the battery have appropriately aligned with the negative and positive terminals of the charger.

Secondly, thou shalt, then and only then, insert the plug of the charger, with proper respect to terminal orientation, into the wall socket of greatest convenience, and carefully doing so whilst holding it only by the plug end of the cord, without touching the metal terminals in any way whatsoever.

The red light shall illuminate to indicate that the process of charging has begun. This in no way shall designate the area as a "red light district", so please contain thyself and keep properly clothed at all times.

The green light shall illuminate to indicate that the bomb is now completely charged and is prepared to explode at the slightest provocation. Please handle with care, do not place into tight confines unless they are designed to accept it, and most certainly THOU SHALT NOT CHEW.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Magicbob

I used to work for a company that imported Chinese machines. The manuals were written in Chinglish at best. I was scheduled to go to China to rewrite them when I left.

howsitwork

well we ordered a Chinese meal in a restaurant in Belgium using French and German cos that's what the menu was available in. Fun !

It was delicious and we survived !

We also tried ordering a Chinese in Florida, much more challenging but again we survived ( not altogether sure what we ate though.. , tasted pretty good, but tell me -. Who the hell is General Szu and did he eat only chicken?

Ian

Skie_M

Actually, it's General Tzao (pronounced kinda like "sow) and no ... it was just one of his more favored meals.

It has a sauce that reminds me of terriakki sauce, being soy based and quite sweet, but terriakkis are generally made with unbattered/fried meat, and generally stir-fried with or without veggies.

Just try not to order chinese in broken english .... you may end up buying an indentured servant by accident.

Top Bottom