Chinese Holiday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
China is shutting down from 10/1 to 10/7 for some national holiday...at least my supplier is. Which probably means that all of the factories where they have gotten behind due to the hot summer will get farther behind.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Due to their low prices and knowing people buy from them because of their low prices, they don't really care.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
For a Week????

Due to their low prices and knowing people buy from them because of their low prices, they don't really care.

My office shuts down for national holidays. This is no different.

I have not known very many US Offices to shut down for a week for any national holiday. 2 days maybe but not 6. In addition, they close for 9 or 10 days at Chinese New Year -- we don't do anything like that either.

toddlajoie

There are several businesses I deal with between Connecticut and New York that regularly shut down for week long holidays (Passover & Succos). One even takes down their internet ordering, so you cannot even place an order with them to be filled later.

Holidays are holidays...they differ the world over...

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yes, but

While certain individual businesses (not many) may shut down completely for a week from time to time (the company I worked for closed the factory for two weeks in July for vacation).

That is hardly the same as the entire business community shutting down for a week.

srf1114

most US universities shut down for the week between Christmas and New years. I know know most people dont consider that a business, but those of us who careers are based on the non education aspects of University work would disagree.

Texatdurango

Regardless of how many businesses shut down and for how long, the Chinese must be doing something right. Look at their economy and look at ours! We USED to be the country to recon with but we are no longer in the drivers seat, actually I don't even think we're even in the front seat anymore!

Phunky_2003

Regardless of how many businesses shut down and for how long, the Chinese must be doing something right. Look at their economy and look at ours! We USED to be the country to recon with but we are no longer in the drivers seat, actually I don't even think we're even in the front seat anymore!

Front seat? I think we moved to the back of the short bus.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not the point......

Our faltering economy is a different subject altogether and we hear news and assessments (mostly inaccurate) about tthat every day. I was commenting if you want to order and get it shipped do it yesterday because today is too late....also the holiday will actually extend to the 10th because the 8th and 9th are a weekend. And, while a few businesses might close for a week here, I think we would all notice if they all closed their doors for 10 days at the same time.....especially if we don't get holiday pay for it.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Of course it is

Working around the holidays observed by our suppliers is the cost of doing business.
And, it would be a whole lot easier if our suppliers planned for it in their production schedules and notified us when we ordered, rather than just being late on delivery....

Top Bottom