Children who did not listen...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Or did they?

Chris did not hear: "Be safe, be careful..."

He heard: "Follow your dreams..."

Chris is in Norway backpacking with his Skydiving buddies - Yes, he is the first off the cliff.

We did get an e-mail after this jump with equally unsettling pictures.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

PS: Chris has over 1,000 jumps. Sold his skydiving Wing-Suit as it was "Too unsafe." And his mom represented the USA in the World Skydiving Championships in 1986 and 1990 (it's in his DNA).

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
:eek:I wonder why anyone would want to jump off a perfectly good cliff.....:eek::eek:

To all the above as well as Chuck - Personally, I have vertigo and actually dislike driving over bridges. So I could not even go near that cliff.

But, as a parent, I hope he stays safe, and I will support him in any way I can - he's a great son.

Chris and I have over 300 SCUBA dives together, including with Hammerheads (NOT my idea), so we have gotten over our teenage battles and are best of friends.

May our children want to vacation/play with us as we get older!!!

:eek:I wonder why anyone would want to jump off a perfectly good cliff.....:eek::eek:

To all the above as well as Chuck - Personally, I have vertigo and actually dislike driving over bridges. So I could not even go near that cliff.

But, as a parent, I hope he stays safe, and I will support him in any way I can - he's a great son.

Chris and I have over 300 SCUBA dives together, including with Hammerheads (NOT my idea), so we have gotten over our teenage battles and are best of friends.

May our children want to vacation/play with us as we get older!!!

I also have a touch of vertigo, but not bothered by heights... just not a thrill seeker myself... but I concur with keeping you son safe and him being safe in his adventures. I understand the support for him as I have always supported my son in whatever endeavor he tried. I also envy you on the dives... I always wanted to learn to scuba, but being a non-swim type person, never pursued it. I was a non-swim sailor in the Navy... they taught me to swim well enough to pass the swim test and that's as far as I ever went. I probably even have some fear of the water. I learned to water ski, have boated (actually owned a boat) on lakes around Texas and have canoed down the Russian River in Calif., owned a house with a swimming pool and still I've never learned to swim. At this junction in my life, think I'll stay on dry land.

It's great that you and he are close friends... I was fortunate that in raising my son as a single dad, I never had the teenage battles, and to this day my son and I are very close. He's in his middle 40's now and very successful in his career.

bobleibo

Mark
I've looked at that pic a dozen times and still think the same thing....it looks like the guy behind your son pushed him! Makes for an interesting conversation piece. Definitely one that earns him some HUGE bragging rights.
Cheers from the ground~
Bob

Top Bottom