Check out this Inlay website

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />Hmmmm pencatry might be the right term for the "Cross" pen I did but I still like pentarsia

I do too.

Pentarsia does have a better ring but it does bring to mind intarsia.

The craftsmanship of your pen exceeds the intarsia found on this website by leaps and bounds. It deserves a better name. Don't take me wrong, you are the artist so you can name it as you please. But how about pentasia?

BTW did you check out the mini mosaics? Can you do that on a pen? It's beyond what I can do but I bet you are up to the challenge. (Think rosettes on a guitar)

btboone

Veneer is pretty wicked stuff when cut with a laser. It is very thin, so keeps a tight focus of the beam. You can compensate for the width of the beam and do designs that are watertight. I think I will make a vacuum fixture for my laser to be sure the stuff stays flat as I cut it. It sometimes curls upward when fine pieces are done. The veneer is thin enough to wrap around a pen without breaking. It opens up a whole lot of design possibilities. The veneer can also be cut with scissors or an X-acto blade, but fine stuff and corners are trickier to do without splitting the wood. There are probably tricks to working with it that take a little learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom