Character

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
An individual is judged by their character.
This means little to some people.

I once again, went out of my way to help another member here, and was taken advantage of... Again.

After several persistent PM's, I agreed to help this member. I had intended to wait for payment, but had an opportunity to complete my end at a much earlier time, and did so out of my kindness.
I contacted the member to inform them that I had completed my part of the deal, and it would be shipped on receipt of payment, which supposedly had been sent. There was no response to this PM.
The next day, I sent a follow up PM to verify they received the PM about being finished. Another day had gone by and still no response. This member is on several times every day, so I know they had to have read the messages.

So, after three PM's and as many days, without any responses, I made the decision to alter the item for another individual. I then sent a final PM to the member (to give them the opportunity to step up), and let them know of my intentions. Amazingly, the member responded, in a threatening type of manner. Claiming the payment has been sent and they want a full refund, among other things. I responded that I would gladly send a refund. Again, no response to this PM either. It has been a week, and there has been no payment delivered. This leads me to believe this individual is equivocating.

This is the second time this has happened on this forum. And both of the members have a history of posting and been members for a while.

Your character says a lot. I'm not to judge, that will be handled in the end.

I just had to vent.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I suggest you contact Jeff about this.

The positive is, I'm not out anything, except time.

Most would be surprised to know who this member is, because even I thought they were trustworthy. That's the only reason I completed the project before receiving payment.

Lesson learned.

Terredax

Banned
I also suggest you contact Jeff. These issues can be managed. Simply broadcasting them will not solve the issue; a bit more info is needed (not to the public).

I just wanted to release some frustration. It's irritating how people think this is acceptable, and think nothing of it. I know this member has read this post, and not even a simple apology. The sad thing... this member also claims to be retired military. I thought military personnel had more honor and integrity than this.

I will have second thoughts about any exchanges with IAP members in the future. One person can ruin it for others, but two...

I will release the name of the person at the appropriate time.:wink:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I also suggest you contact Jeff. These issues can be managed. Simply broadcasting them will not solve the issue; a bit more info is needed (not to the public).

I just wanted to release some frustration. It's irritating how people think this is acceptable, and think nothing of it. I know this member has read this post, and not even a simple apology. The sad thing... this member also claims to be retired military. I thought military personnel had more honor and integrity than this.

I will have second thoughts about any exchanges with IAP members in the future. One person can ruin it for others, but two...

I will release the name of the person at the appropriate time.:wink:

Just a suggestion; do as you wish, but consider handling it privately.

jttheclockman

John If you are not going to take this to the people that can do something about it, venting here is going to do nothing and it means absolutely nothing to any of us. We can not help you. You are not the first and will not be the last so as suggested talk to Jeff and if there is no loss on your part move on and forget it. Life is too short. Just an observation. :)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
It has been my mission for almost 15 years to keep this community free of persons who don't operate fairly, honestly, and respectfully. With your help, we've done a pretty good, but the occasional bad actor slips through the net.

I've asked John for additional details and I'll look into the situation.

tomtedesco

I think most people on this site want to help someone that is having problems. Several years ago I sent items to a "struggling" member that was also ex-military only to find out later he was a liar and cheat. He was exposed by other members as such and disappeared from IAP. That makes me very suspicious about helping someone else again, someone that may really need help. I think we need to know who this was so no one else falls for their scam.

Terredax

Banned
I think most people on this site want to help someone that is having problems. Several years ago I sent items to a "struggling" member that was also ex-military only to find out later he was a liar and cheat. He was exposed by other members as such and disappeared from IAP. That makes me very suspicious about helping someone else again, someone that may really need help. I think we need to know who this was so no one else falls for their scam.

I too will be reluctant in the future. These two people have ruined it.

I still needed to do a finish sand and final coat of poly, but it was completed.
Fortunately, it was able to be skimmed off and re-engraved for someone else. It was then received with tears from the new owner.
The grain is very nice in this one too.

I will leave this here, it was for the deceiver, before being redone.

I have removed the photo posted below upon request of the other party in this dispute, as it included the name of the intended recipient, who has no involvement in this situation. - Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom