Chandler Hardwoods//AZ turners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

For those that know of the place in AZ. A little birdie told me they are "expanding" into more turning stock. Bowl blanks, pen blanks, ect ect. I even heard that there was a possibility of some burls coming in to view. I will let you know. They are suppose to let my parents (neighbors) know when it comes in.

They told me Tom (the owner) has his new place going in Tenn. They said something about 40,000 sq/ft. He told us he was not getting into wood again but wouldnt suprise me.

I also have a connection to some olive wood. The community cut down all the trees and he got them. Going to try to see him next couple days and how much he has.

vick

Thanks for the info I look forward to more turning selection. In the past Walnut was the onyl thing that they carried that I was interested in. I know when I was in about a week ago they had some Euclyptus log secions.

dubdrvrkev

I was in there on Saturday and noticed there were a few burl slabs sitting around and few figured boards as well. The turning stock was about the same as usual. Too bad the prices have gone up a little bit.
Is Tom the older guy that was always there before?

airrat

the older guy was Tom's dad. now it is the people living to the south of the warehouse running it. They hired a guy that use to work at woodcraft. The olive wood he had didnt have much too it. Picked up a few logs that had some grain and color. most of it was just white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom