The cat and mouse game of Credit Card fraud - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by monophoto View Post
Seriously, I suppose you could exist on cash, especially if you don't travel much, but in the 21st century,
I do exactly that. NEVER pay for anything where i can use cash. Never had my account info stolen from a fiver.

Purchase a special credit card and load the card with currency before leaving on a trip. Cash the card out on return. In Canada and Europe, they bring a gadget to your table, swipe the card right in front of you. Sign and give you a receipt.

I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. -- Stephen Grellet
randyrls is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 1

I have my CC numbers, expiration dates, and CVV numbers written in a code that I'm the only one in TN that knows the code. Even my wife doesn't know it.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 1

I read through this post, but wasn't going to comment, but Thursday night at dinner we got a phone call from the bank fraud center that there were 4 charges on my ATM/debit card that day... 2 local and 2 in Chattanooga.... haven't been to Chattanooga in 2 or 3 years... the two locals were ours and not a problem, the bank canceled my card, said the two in CHA would be credited back... one has been, the other will be tomorrow most likely according to the bank... it has to hard post to my account before they can do a credit... I got my new card in the mail yesterday and only have to go into town and activate it at the ATM before I can use it...

This has happened to me only once before some years ago when I was s till in Houston... we had dinner at TGIF and the waiter evidently scammed my card, sold it to someone in New Jersey and someone in Oregon... I evidently bought someone in New Jersey a new stereo system, but the guy in Oregon got greedy and exceeded my account limit and was denied.

If you look for trouble, it will find you!
TellicoTurning is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2018, 12:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Its interesting that others have had issues after ordering with PSI. The only time a card of mine has ever been compromised was right after i placed an order with them last year. I thought it a coincidence at the time but now I am not so sure.
MSpringer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads