Carving A Logo Into A Pen Barrel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

knotandburl

Wasn't sure where else to put this...

I'll be adding new content to my YouTube channel weekly - mostly covering pen turning and casting with the odd other project thrown in.

Here's a link to this weeks video:

[yt]XR_ebnRfKMs[/yt]

Help me out with a Thumbs Up if you enjoy it and if you'd like to seem more like this please hit that Subscribe Button!

My channel: http://www.youtube.com/mikepickett

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Yankee Remedy

High Speed Carver

I like the idea of carving a pen barrel, but the Dremel may not be the best choice. The Dremel travels when you try to do detailed intricate work, and it will usually end up ruining your project.

The high speed carvers such as the Vortex F5 or the SCM Power Carver revs so fast that it totally eliminates the threat of the tool traveling on you. So where you place the cutter is where it stays. I think it's similar to a dentist's drill.

I've been seriously considering buying a high speed carver. They are a bit pricey, but at 500,000 rpms it is the right tool for the job.

Last edited:

knotandburl

I like the idea of carving a pen barrel, but the Dremel may not be the best choice. The Dremel travels when you try to do detailed intricate work, and it will usually end up ruining your project.

The high speed carvers such as the Vortex F5 or the SCM Power Carver revs so fast that it totally eliminates the threat of the tool traveling on you. So where you place the cutter is where it stays. I think it's similar to a dentist's drill.

I've been seriously considering buying a high speed carver. They are a bit pricey, but at 500,000 rpms it is the right tool for the job.

Thanks! I'll have to look into these. This one turned out okay - until I ruined it by going back on it again with the lathe...

knotandburl

Awesome. I'll be posting every Monday - something new each week and hope to add some additional "quick content" type videos on Thursdays starting in April or May... I'll announce that on the channel once I'm ready!

Top Bottom